Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
at least it looks good and doesn't have a crazy ass grin.

i think i got used to the grin, it doesnt bother me anymore

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Looks like when Ford sold Aston Martin, they kept the front end for this car. It's funny how they have a2.5 liter for Europe and only a 2.0 liter for here. Pretty backwards, but I bet the 2.0won't bend rods as much, and will come with a k04 vs. the Volvo motor with spaghetti rods and a smaller turbo.

huy

Retired Racer
mine won't be this because it's FWD... but frankly unless VW brings something AWD *cough* r20 *cough* i don't see myself getting anything VW.

I think a lot of us just found our next car unless VW steps up the game with the next GTI... Although I am hoping I can step into an S3 or RS3 by then.

i dont think so, GTI is still high on my list. i like FWD and i have owned RWD and AWD cars.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Yes please! I'm even down with the gold color.
def want just kinda sad its been watered down from 300hp blah. oh well tune will fix that.
It's funny how they have a2.5 liter for Europe and only a 2.0 liter for here.
I just read that the (current) ST is 'dead', thanks to the 5-cylinder not being able to meet euro-emissions. I'm not clear on how this effects the RS.

The bottom line is I don't care. I'd rather have a more reliable, less agressive 2.0L anyway. ~240-250 HP off the show-room floor is plenty for a car this size.
so its gonna be a rebadged mazdaspeed 3 with less displacement pretty much
Perfect! Strikes me as a notch right between the MS3 and the regular Mazda3; more exciting than the base 2.5L ho-hum, but not as please-ticket-me as the MS3. Oh, and without the absurd styling. Bingo!

Styling looks substantially different from the Mazda though.

All this without VW's dealer infrastructure. Without the expense of German branded parts and service. And probably for a few $k less than the GTI too.

As said, workd for me.

Were this car offered in April of 2009, I would probably not be driving a VW right now. All things being equal, I'd rather have a Ford in the driveway.

What really hurts is when you read this kind of press immediately after reading the reviews and commentary on the 2011 VW Jetta. VW is making their N/A products more ho-hum appliance while Ford and GM (and even Dodge) are making their products more euro. Hows that for a kick in the nuts?!?

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
the styling doesn't totally do it for me, but in real life it will probably look better and I'm glad Ford is offering this. should be fun to drive and and a good example of cheaper performance unlike crap like the Dodge Challenger V6, Charger V6, older Mustang V6, etc.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
i dont track and i live in a desert. so having a fwd car doesnt bother me