GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Door Warning Lights to the Volkswagen Golf and Jetta - Front

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
This guide covers the installation of the door warning lights to the Volkswagen Golf and Jetta front doors as was fitted to the very first Mark V's before they were discontinued for I assume cost reasons. Along with the Puddle Lights these really light up the area around the side of the car and Volkswagen really did the owners a disservice by discontinuing these.

The light operates every time the door is opened day or night but it does shut down after the door is open for a period of time.

The full guide is available here - Adding Door Warning Lights to the Volkswagen Golf and Jetta - Front

Guide for the rear doors is available on the website but this has not been performed yet.

buckets

Ready to race!
Once again Mav, a source of good information and sound technical knowledge.

Now thinking about adding these to the doors when I put some aftermarket sound in....but I'm gonna have to get them from a dealer aren't I? Any idea what sort of $$ I'll have to pony up?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
In Australia the parts are expensive especially for the lamp fitting, I picked mine up from the UK (2 for £19.48) and it would be worth doing a small group buy from overseas as the local price was around $50-60 each.

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
You can also just fabricate a housing that holds an LED in the spot where the stock plastic cover is instead of buying the actual housings.

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
i have those too. I used a single sealed LED under both mirrors. Those things are damned bright. They are tied to my map light and come on when you unlock the car. They use relays so they dont turn on when the key is in the ignition.