GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm just so tired of inventory management in games. One of the first things I did in Starfield was a console command to give myself 2,000 burden units. Then I realized that was a mistake because to unlock a perk you need to do so much sprinting with 75% of your burden full. As much as I like playing games like Witcher, Deus Ex, Cyberpunk, Skyrim, etc the constant looting and inventory management is a fuckin drag. I've done it so much. It makes game like God of War where I don't have to worry about any of that shit soooo much better.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm just so tired of inventory management in games. One of the first things I did in Starfield was a console command to give myself 2,000 burden units. Then I realized that was a mistake because to unlock a perk you need to do so much sprinting with 75% of your burden full. As much as I like playing games like Witcher, Deus Ex, Cyberpunk, Skyrim, etc the constant looting and inventory management is a fuckin drag. I've done it so much. It makes game like God of War where I don't have to worry about any of that shit soooo much better.
One of my main beefs with games the last 10 years or so is that they are just so cumbersome.
Specifically open world games. Its just rinse and repeat. Go here do that. Now go over here, and do the same thing as over there...over and over and over.
It's just grinding. Like, it feels like work. Maybe if I was a kid with no responsibilities it would be fine. But like, I got REAL work to do lol. I don't want to have to "work" in a video game.
I still have not beat Halo Infinite, or hell even Far Cry 5 (even though I bought that one a year or so after it came out).
I have more fun playing older games. But maybe that is just because of the nostalgia.
Growing up being a SEGA kid (not Nintendo) I bought the new Sonic Frontiers game just hoping for something to sit and play mindlessly.
But nope! Even that was way more thought than I wanted to put into a game lol.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Lol of course Starfield is boring. The game literally only had one selling point: "first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think I found out Starfield's big twist within half an hour.

You're really a vampire!

That's why you don't have a shadow.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
What I've learned about Starfield is that I'd rather have No Man's Sky.

NMS was fun but after you've researched/unlocked/found all the ships I can only freeform wander for so long before being ultra bored. I've got plenty of $ farms going and mines for whatever I want. There's nothing left in the game to do except glitch build which is basically just adult minecraft.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think I found out Starfield's big twist within half an hour.

You're really a vampire!

That's why you don't have a shadow.

I don't know why it bothers me so much.

3rd person view. Shadow.

1694103250168.png

1st person view. No shadow:

1694103313461.png

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
NMS was fun but after you've researched/unlocked/found all the ships I can only freeform wander for so long before being ultra bored. I've got plenty of $ farms going and mines for whatever I want. There's nothing left in the game to do except glitch build which is basically just adult minecraft.
How long did it take you to get to that point?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've seen a lot of people say the game can take up to 10-12 hours before it starts to get good and you start to really enjoy it. At this rate it'll take me quite a while to get that far.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've seen a lot of people say the game can take up to 10-12 hours before it starts to get good and you start to really enjoy it. At this rate it'll take me quite a while to get that far.

Same. I seem to be playing it in 15 minute chunks.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
How long did it take you to get to that point?

For NMS at least 250 hours. I don't play games I can't go deep into...

In comparison Division 2 has about 3500 hours according to stats. I've had it since launch though and NMS is relatively new. I'm sure a lot of that time was just idling or not actually playing but still. It's logged a lot of hours.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Call me crazy but I prefer games that are fun from the very beginning