GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple is very scared

Merkle

Banned

Last time I looked at the figures it was a whole ago. Mybad :)

I could not agree more about competition being good for consumers, I like apple products and, collect old macs. I still use a windows machine for my graphic design and 3d modeling work b/c a good pc is cheaper to build.

Apple is being overly ridiculous with their lawsuits

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
:confused: Are you counting iPod Shuffles in your made up percentage? :laugh:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/06/smartphone-market-share-2012-ios-windows-phone-idc/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/14/2869858/apple-54-7-percent-tablet-market-q4-11-kindle-fire-idc

Competition is good for CONSUMERS...it's a pain in the ass for businesses. It would be so much easier for a business to make whatever they wanted however they wanted charge whatever they wanted and have the consumer buy it because they had no choice. Based solely on Apple's litigation department that seems to be their main desired business goal.

Direct copies are bad and wrong, we need innovation, not replication. However, there has to be some form of logic applied to WHAT you can patent. Imagine a world where the first company to make a car patented the wheel? Is a Toyota a copy of a Honda because it uses a rubber circle mounted on a wheel filled with air? Come on. Patent slide to unlock? Patenting icons on a screen that move when you use the touch screen? Home screens?? Ridiculous.

+1 bravo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Artysta

Ready to race!
I've owned my macbook pro and my imac for almost 4 years now with 0 problems. Can't say the same for the pos PCs that Ive owned in the past.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Our home pc we have had for over 6 years with not one issue, and this includes a now 8 and 6 year old playing on it frequently. So, that argument doesn't hold true for everyone. I also didn't pay a ridiculously large amount to buy it either.

What is funny is that people who use pc's don't bash other products like apple die hards do. Wonder why that is?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
What is funny is that people who use pc's don't bash other products like apple die hards do. Wonder why that is?

Oh, that isn't my experience. Typically any Apple related topic on the internet, PC/Android folks coming out of the woodwork to bash those who like Apple products, yet the never owned an Apple product.

Apple folks who diss PC/Android products are typically speaking to a negative experience they had.

People build PCs, they don't build Macs...

:D

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
People build PCs, they don't build Macs...

:D

:word:

And the minimum operating system on most products sold today exceed what most users need so few need to build these days. If you're a hardcore gammer, differnet story.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh, that isn't my experience. Typically any Apple related topic on the internet, PC/Android folks coming out of the woodwork to bash those who like Apple products, yet the never owned an Apple product.

Apple folks who diss PC/Android products are typically speaking to a negative experience they had.

Ah, I cannot speak about the internet talk. This forum and related car stuff is the only time I'm really on the internet. I was going off of what I see in my personal life.

I use an apple product, and happen to like it. I also got it for free. My main problems with apple is being overpriced and releasing technologies that consumers want and can get on other brands well after it is available. For example, the iPhone is STILL not 4g capable. Perhaps iPhone users should ask Siri why.

Viruses attack pc's because that is what the majority of people use. Not everyone can afford the crazy prices for macbooks. I know someone who bought a new iPad and a macbook at the same time, then complained about how much money she'd spent. I asked her why those particular devices and she said because they are cool. :iono:

Having an iPhone has become a huge trend. Like being seen with a Starbucks cup or something. That is what is really disgusting. I don't discount any Apple product being good, but they could be better and cheaper. And have less fanboys. :D

Everyone's experiences are different, and if it works for you, awesome. But back to the OP, Apple is plain stupid for suing for petty things like that. No wonder their products cost so much. Gotta pay for all that litigation somehow!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Totally agree with your last points, mk6medic

Except for the Starbucks comment. EVERYONE should have a SBUX cup in their hand ;)

<--- Is from Seattle :)

Grownman

Ready to race!
On the flip side, OS X Mt. Lion is $20 bucks to upgrade everyone in your household. I recall every windows OS has been in the $100 plus unless you have a student discount etc and its 1 time use.

Each company has their pros and cons.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Totally agree with your last points, mk6medic

Except for the Starbucks comment. EVERYONE should have a SBUX cup in their hand ;)

<--- Is from Seattle :)

I included the Starbucks comment just cause you were from Seattle! :laugh:

If an iPhone had 4G and was same price as a comparable Android phone, I would seriously consider it. Same with Macbooks. Same price as PC, I might give one a shot.Being a consumer is good when you have choices. Apple just happens to make my choice easy by pricing themselves out of what I'm willing to spend. Which is frustrating.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
On the flip side, OS X Mt. Lion is $20 bucks to upgrade everyone in your household. I recall every windows OS has been in the $100 plus unless you have a student discount etc and its 1 time use.

Each company has their pros and cons.

Didn't see this in time to be with my other post.

Fantastic point though. I have a lame little netbook with Windows 7 starter. To upgrade to the full version would be stupid because of the cost. I'd be better off buying a full laptop.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I do use iPhones. Have since they launched. I can sell my old ones for more than I paid for it new. Also, they work internationally (I travel a lot and many Android phones do not work overseas) and AT&T has cheap international rates.

Grownman

Ready to race!
I do use iPhones. Have since they launched. I can sell my old ones for more than I paid for it new. Also, they work internationally (I travel a lot and many Android phones do not work overseas) and AT&T has cheap international rates.

This is one major point I like about Apple products. The resale value is close to 70-80% of its msrp. The overseas is also a HUGE plus.

My current Droid x randomly restarts, apps work here and there. The screen has a liquid looking spot in the middle of the screen.. (Never dropped my phone) Worst of all, I'm stuck on Froyo 2.2! Jellybean 4.1 is coming out ...

I'm sick of it. Ready for a new phone..