GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech fuel pump installation

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
I have a 08 fsi engine and I was planning to put in my fuel pump in a few days but I wanted to know if this is a good diy.
http://www.************/blog/archives/6
Everything seems good till the fuse and to let the car run out of fuel. I really don't like that idea. Do you have to do this? I also saw an Apr diy but It doesn't show how to remove it.
Thanks

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
They are talking about bleeding off the excess fuel pressure, you can do it that way or with the pressure release valve on the hpfp.

langer

i fix teefs
Why wouldn't you just use the schraeder like bleed valve on the pump? Same thing you'd use if you checked your follower.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
My HPFP doesn't have one of those bleed valves...

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

apollosfury

designeddwk

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
x2. thought our fsi pumps all had this bleed valve

Nope not all of them did!! I do now after I jacked the new HPFP off of my wifes car from the cam follower FAIL and swap/warranty job before we traded her car in.

:thumbsup:

apollosfury

designeddwk
Nope not all of them did!! I do now after I jacked the new HPFP off of my wifes car from the cam follower FAIL and swap/warranty job before we traded her car in.

well at least you got one somehow:thumbsup:

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Just a helpful tip...

I would recommend popping the hood first, then letting the car sit for a half-hour or so before doing this.

Reason being... When you open your drivers side door, the electric fuel pump, at the gas tank, primes the line, increasing the fuel pressure at the hpfp. It does this automatically, anticipating that you're about to start the car.

If you pop the hood first, then let it sit, the fuel pressure will be a good deal less when you go to bleed the pump. Just remember to not open the drivers siude door before pulling the pump.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

Scandalous lol