GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
There's a local guy with a GTI that has gotten pulled over by the same cop several times, and I think even got followed by him a few times too. Got a ticket for 20% tint, and he said he felt harassed by the cop. I think it's more of an issue of an asshole cop than the car though.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
.....Many law enforcement officials actually come from the military where they were MPs. (You don't always get to choose what role you play in the military)
When they get out of the military, the take a civilian job they already know and have been trained for.

A good friend of mine was in the same scenario. He went into the Marines and later became a cop (detective) after he was honorably discharged from that branch. I've known him for over 15yrs now.

india320

Pro Seat Warmer
Car(s)
GTI UG 2dr DSG
People generally become cops because they are small angry people inside and have huge egos so they have this need to control other people and dominate other people. That's what being a cop is all about. If you act submissive and treat him like the big bad scary man that he is, then you might get off easy. If you're a dick, expect to get treated like a 2nd class citizen in return. Just remember we live in a police state, not a free country.

Lighten Up Francis......:cool:

Drive like a shmuck, get treated like a shmuck.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
dont be a dick, no problem with cops. [/end thread]

i learned after years and years.. biggest protection from tickets is your eyes. period. every time i punched it and got a ticket.. there happened to be a cop in eye distance. scan EVERYWHERE before you punch it.

exhaust notes.. sure, cops stare at me when i drive by. (when i had my magnaflow..) never pulled me over tho.

i find cops hassle the younger folks about tints and small shit... i rarely see them pull over an older guy for that.

100% agreed.

Although, when I was younger I had loud cars and never got tickets for it, however this was in the beginning of the Ricer rage (1990-2000) and I was driving American cars with heads/cam and straight pipes. I even got a pair of Santa Clara PD officers to give me the thumbs up, then proceed to pull over my friend with a Civic and a fart can muffler that was in front of me for a roadside inspection. :laugh: Profiling? probably.

Since I'm older now, I never get the whole "lets see what we can get you for" routine from police officers anymore, they cite or warn me for what I did wrong and we part ways.

midnight11

Ready to race!
People generally become cops because they are small angry people inside and have huge egos so they have this need to control other people and dominate other people. That's what being a cop is all about. If you act submissive and treat him like the big bad scary man that he is, then you might get off easy. If you're a dick, expect to get treated like a 2nd class citizen in return. Just remember we live in a police state, not a free country.

Coming from a cop (yes I said coming from a cop & yes i drive a gti) not all law enforcement officers are assholes, they r just like you and me. Some of us are asshole some of us are the nice, it just depends on thier life style & how they were raised.

I can be your best friend or ur worst enemy if i stop you, it all has to do with your addittude. If I were to stop someone for tint and it was 5% and being a prick yea your getting a ticket, but if you have 20% -35% and have a good addittude I'd let you go with a warning.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Coming from a cop (yes I said coming from a cop & yes i drive a gti) not all law enforcement officers are assholes, they r just like you and me. Some of us are asshole some of us are the nice, it just depends on thier life style & how they were raised.

I can be your best friend or ur worst enemy if i stop you, it all has to do with your addittude. If I were to stop someone for tint and it was 5% and being a prick yea your getting a ticket, but if you have 20% -35% and have a good addittude I'd let you go with a warning.

So wait, if you pull me over and I stop you before you can say anything at my window and say "Just give me the ticket and shut up, I'm really important!" things won't end well?

:p

People never seem to remember that cops are doing their job. I know that at times at my job I have a bad day, so obviously they can too.

My friends that are cops have actually caught some really nasty criminals due to a closer look during a traffic violation where there was some fishy attitudes from passengers.

I like to follow a couple rules: 1. Treat others like you want to be treated. 2. Be mindful of your 4th amendment rights. 3. Never give an officer that may be having a bad day P.C.

Bender1

Banned

I got nailed on the PA turnpike for 83 in a 65. I was sure I was toast. I kept my hands on the wheel till he got there, informed him of all the moves I was making, didn't bullshit him about my speed. Let off with a warning and a "nice car."

Its all about attitude...

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I live in Brooklyn and have both MKV and MKVI in BK for about 5 years. The only ticket I got was because I was on the phone. You really need be driving like an A hole to get a ticket in NYC. You shouldn't be speeding down AVE or streets in NYC anyway not only because of the people but because the roads are horrible. Go slow and preserve your car.

TAG12GTI

Ready to race!

If you're a dick, and you broke the law, you're less than a second class citizen. I don't care if the police kick your ass. That's not a police state, that's protecting the safety, freedom and rights of the rest of the people who enjoy living in THIS free country.

And I've been pulled over for a tinted license plate cover by a cop who was an ass. I just politely answered his questions and ultimately he just wrote a warning. I guess the guy was just having a bad day or hoping to catch a DUI at 1:00 am not sure but no big deal.

Last edited:

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!

Let's face it. Some of us like to tint our windows but if you think from cop's point of view, it makes them nervous.

If you were a cop and you pull some guy over, walk up, notices dark tint, can't see inside, how would this make you feel? You would feel nervous because, the driver can carry a weapon and you can't see. II strongly believe tint laws are there to protect wellbeing of an officer. So let's not bitch about "i got a ticket for tint because cop was being a dick".

skantron

Ready to race!
^This^ Both true and false in my case....currently own a Genesis Coupe (looking for GTI) and have 20% tints and been ticketed twice from the same cop for the tint......and I'm 46....

I had the same thing with my last car, got pulled over for speeding, but he only pulled me over becuase of the tints (he even said that is why he targeted me). I think he was expecting a differnt demographic, not a middle aged white guy.. I went with lighter tints this time, no problems so far.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
^This^ Both true and false in my case....currently own a Genesis Coupe (looking for GTI) and have 20% tints and been ticketed twice from the same cop for the tint......and I'm 46....

Without distracting from the cop bashing (;)), I hope you get your GTI and enjoy it as much as I do. I came from a 3.8 Track GenCoupe myself and love the GTI on my commute so much more.

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
I had the same thing with my last car, got pulled over for speeding, but he only pulled me over becuase of the tints (he even said that is why he targeted me). I think he was expecting a differnt demographic, not a middle aged white guy.. I went with lighter tints this time, no problems so far.

Definately going with lighter tints on my GTI when I finally get it.

Without distracting from the cop bashing (;)), I hope you get your GTI and enjoy it as much as I do. I came from a 3.8 Track GenCoupe myself and love the GTI on my commute so much more.

Very encouraging....I can't wait!

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
^ 35% for the long haul win, I considered 20 but meh dont need any more attention.

When i had a ghetto lifted truck, (one of my back window stickers was cursive writing with the words "Fucking classy" lol)
I was pulled over twice, once for running a stop sign the other time for reg or tail light out i dono, But I was polite and the cops seemed forgiving when i explained i did not have the time for traffic school lolz warnings on each occasion. Nice cops.

Then I got a speeding ticket in the gti,:thumbdown:
I was polite again apologized many times, cop was a dick and wrote it for the highest speed he thought i was going! Not saying i hate cops, I just want an autobahn hy.

So i got a V1 that thing helps but it is not fail prof.

Pay attention and always use polite judgment, People are assholes no need to be one too.