GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1660137440420.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
my wife had a procedure done yesterday. i let her mom know when she got out safe. first thing she replies back is "thanks to god!"
As some might imagine, this rustled by baconring a little bit so i had to say "thanks to the several doctors actually!"
and she said "oh yeah, them too".
I had to bite my keypad at this point, but more like, "ONLY thanks to them, actually! If god had anything to do with this, it would be the reason my wife needed a procedure in the first place!"
FUCK //

Why do people thank god for everything, especially things that are clearly done by people like cooking food and shit? The only thing one might be able pin God down to at this point is the spark that created the universe and even that is highly sus
Glad your wife is well, the stress was super real when my wife got a sketchy mole removed so I feel your pain. It's weird, you never think about life without someone you love until there's something that threatens to take them away.

My grandma used to tell me she was praying for me to get a better job, which was also kind of insulting. Like, I bust my ass and tried hard to learn the things necessary to get a position in my desired field, that had nothing to do with anybody else.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
"fuck these dinosruaurs lets make room for humans"
1660137500908.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
if god caused anything he kinda causes everything
1660137597272.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
my wife had a procedure done yesterday. i let her mom know when she got out safe. first thing she replies back is "thanks to god!"
As some might imagine, this rustled by baconring a little bit so i had to say "thanks to the several doctors actually!"
and she said "oh yeah, them too".
I had to bite my keypad at this point, but more like, "ONLY thanks to them, actually! If god had anything to do with this, it would be the reason my wife needed a procedure in the first place!"
FUCK //

Why do people thank god for everything, especially things that are clearly done by people like cooking food and shit? The only thing one might be able pin God down to at this point is the spark that created the universe and even that is highly sus

Yeah, well, god made those doctors parents fuck when they did, creating those doctors. Then god gave them the skill and drive to go through medical school and pursue a career in medicine. If it wasn't for god those doctors wouldn't have been there, hence your mother thanking god.

Checkmate, athiest!

pwnd.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Glad your wife is well, the stress was super real when my wife got a sketchy mole removed so I feel your pain. It's weird, you never think about life without someone you love until there's something that threatens to take them away.

My grandma used to tell me she was praying for me to get a better job, which was also kind of insulting. Like, I bust my ass and tried hard to learn the things necessary to get a position in my desired field, that had nothing to do with anybody else.
yes, it is scary, thanks for the sympathy bud. I feel very fortunate we live in a time and place where matters can be handled by competent people and state of the art equipment in a highly controlled environment.
then again, a few people were praying for her yesterday so who knows how she really got out of there alive.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah, well, god made those doctors parents fuck when they did, creating those doctors. Then god gave them the skill and drive to go through medical school and pursue a career in medicine. If it wasn't for god those doctors wouldn't have been there, hence your mother thanking god.

Checkmate, athiest!

pwnd.
#boredagain #convertered #grazebetogod

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm sorry lol.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
while I am a real Atheist when I come across the Thx God/Merry Christmas/etc I just let it slide (99%).

If it brings them comfort I will support it. It's the hypocrites that are the 1% trigger.
Same. If they're not "on my lawn" it's not my place to engage them in a persuasive arguement to change their position.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
to be fair i only push back when they push me. such as, ignoring a team of medical professionals needlessly lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for. You want me to sift through 296 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a singe page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.