GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bro, they're thanking him for his service...

That's what I say to the guy who changes my oil and rotates my tires. Don't let good service go unappreciated.

(I change my own oil and rotate my own tires...)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
That's what I say to the guy who changes my oil and rotates my tires. Don't let good service go unappreciated.

(I change my own oil and rotate my own tires...)
I bet the guy responds something like "Thank you for your help, that was exactly the response I was looking for. You want me to sift through 42069 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a single page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bet the guy responds something like "Thank you for your help, that was exactly the response I was looking for. You want me to sift through 42069 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a single page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao"

1662782965386.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Every Marine veteran was recon. Tru story bro.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Idk I just heard they ate a lot of crayons.....

Source: all my airforce buddies
I can confirm this.

CSB: the year is 1994, I'm on call in the OR, and before hitting the hay in the on call room, I always made a quick pass through the ER to see if they had any possible surgical patients.

On this particular night, there's a marine sitting with a bloody towel over his hand, so I ask him what happened. He says he was cutting a piece of rope and stabbed his hand. I pull the towel off to do a quick exam and see if he cut any tendons and he's got 6 stab wounds to his hand.

At this point I'm confused and ask why he didn't stop after the first stab wound and he says "I wasn't finished cutting the rope" and looks at me like I'm a moron.

We spent the next 12 hours repairing the tendons in his hands.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I can confirm this.

CSB: the year is 1994, I'm on call in the OR, and before hitting the hay in the on call room, I always made a quick pass through the ER to see if they had any possible surgical patients.

On this particular night, there's a marine sitting with a bloody towel over his hand, so I ask him what happened. He says he was cutting a piece of rope and stabbed his hand. I pull the towel off to do a quick exam and see if he cut any tendons and he's got 6 stab wounds to his hand.

At this point I'm confused and ask why he didn't stop after the first stab wound and he says "I wasn't finished cutting the rope" and looks at me like I'm a moron.

We spent the next 12 hours repairing the tendons in his hands.
Trigger warning: i did not serve in the armed forces.

A guy i used to coach with was a marine - he used to banter with another vet (USAF), and brought out a great self-burn. "you know what Marine stands for right? Muscles are required, intelligence not essential." and then would go on about the "chair force", which was funny because the USAF guy had a solid gig building bombs. The other funny part is that the Marine used his GI bill money to go to get a masters at MIT, he must be the exception to the rule.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've got time for another, I'm watching the last match of my wifes tennis team's tie today.

CSB: The year is 1997, on call again, get paged at 2am for a trauma. Not unexpected, we typically got 2 to 3 during the annual purple star exercise, where Navy and Marine Corps do an invasion of Onslow beach every year.

We get a Marine, he's been crushed by an LAV and we've got him in preop waiting to take him back to piece his pelvis and femurs back together.

I ask him what happened and apparently he was part of the team setting up a perimeter to secure the beach and gunny told him to stay in the position he was in and not to move. He heard the LAV approaching and remembered what gunny said. Sound gets louder, still, gunny said not to move. LAV ran over him, but he didn't move. Gunny must have been proud.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Trigger warning: i did not serve in the armed forces.

A guy i used to coach with was a marine - he used to banter with another vet (USAF), and brought out a great self-burn. "you know what Marine stands for right? Muscles are required, intelligence not essential." and then would go on about the "chair force", which was funny because the USAF guy had a solid gig building bombs. The other funny part is that the Marine used his GI bill money to go to get a masters at MIT, he must be the exception to the rule.
My ass rides in navy equipment is another oldy, but goody.

Want to cause instant rage in any Marine? Remind them that the Marine Corps is part of the Navy.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
What's for lunch?

@GTIfan99 I remember you telling(or someone) the LAV crush story back in the days. I looked it up and it was January 2021.. that still seems almost impossibly stupid.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
My ass rides in navy equipment is another oldy, but goody.

Want to cause instant rage in any Marine? Remind them that the Marine Corps is part of the Navy.
I'll one up that by reminding them that the coast guard gets a service academy and they get a fraction of stuff from Annapolis. And they don't care, but it's still a burn

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What's for lunch?

@GTIfan99 I remember you telling(or someone) the LAV crush story back in the days. I looked it up and it was January 2021.. that still seems almost impossibly stupid.
I told the story in Jan 2021 or it happened in 2021? Because this was back in the mid 90's. I don't doubt it's happened since, some of these kids aren't too bright.

Later I'll tell you guys about the downs syndrome Army private I treated in Iraq and the Marine with head trauma from playing with buried Iraqi jets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.