GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1650927683912.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Oh my god...You killed Kenny!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
What’s more important to you, enjoying your time at work or enjoying your time outside of work?

Would you rather hate your job, but have a great schedule (8-4 M-F) and a lot of PTO? Or love your job but have a shitty schedule (1-9 select weekends) and not a lot of PTO?
See below
Id go great schedule/pto and hating the actual job. You're there for money, not to enjoy yourself.
This.

I have actually had all 4 possible combos; good and bad jobs with good and bad schedules. I'm lucky enough to have landed on the good job, good schedule combo. The biggest thing that changed for me was asi got older, the good schedule became more important, especially since adding kids. I will never work nights/weekends again if I can avoid it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
How can you spend 30-40+ years doing something if you don’t enjoy it?
Big paychecks. I've been doing what I do 22 years, can't say I like the work but I'm good at it, tenured and would have difficulty finding a job I enjoy that paid me what I get paid today

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Plot twist: @jay745 is a hand model.

david-duchovny-zoolander-cameo.gif

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ahh the old money crux

i overall like/am ok with/have some pretty good challenges and good times at my job. it's always something different which is a huge plus.

but what if i could do something i LOVE for say a 30% paycut? Would I do it? I don't knowwww...
And by extension, what if my currently 7/10 job became a 4 out of 10 job for a 30% pay increase? most people go for it. idk if i would really be able to.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
whats the most BADASS job you've ever heard of?

I saw someone hanging off a helicopter one time, he was performing maintenance to the huge high tension power lines. Doing it from the air, having zero connection to the ground, is the safest (maybe only) way to do the work, some 150' or so in the air.

I thought it was badass - not that i would ever do it - and i think those guys make some pretty serious coin, working only a few hours here and there.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
ahh the old money crux

i overall like/am ok with/have some pretty good challenges and good times at my job. it's always something different which is a huge plus.

but what if i could do something i LOVE for say a 30% paycut? Would I do it? I don't knowwww...
And by extension, what if my currently 7/10 job became a 4 out of 10 job for a 30% pay increase? most people go for it. idk if i would really be able to.
It's all about your underlying financial health and where you are on the pay scale. I can and would take a 30% pay cut to keep doing a job I like with a schedule I like, but it would be a very different decision if my financials weren't in such a good place.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
ahh the old money crux

I’m about to change career paths, but it involves a big PTO cut, a pay cut, benefit cut, etc. but I’ll be 100000000x happier and actually enjoy going to work every day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
fantastic! what were you doing, and what will you be doing?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ahh the old money crux

I'd take a 30% pay cut to get paid to sleep. As long as it's on my terms, on my schedule.

But unfortunately, I don't think that's an actual job...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
well, stimmy checks and unemployment might pay about 70% of a lower income, effectively paying you to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.