GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Dude..... Your life will be forever changed. Where are you going exactly? I'm in Belgrade for three weeks and Rhodes for nine days from may till end of june.

cb1111

I didn't know about the ingredient difference. I thought they were always just veal and lamb.

I also thought the Banja Luka style was made to screw you out of two cevapi.
Yeah, the funny thing all of the med countries have basically the same thing - gyro in Greece and virtually the same thing in Turkey and cevapi in the balkans. the only difference is the meat - the rest, in the yogurt cucumber sauce is virtually identical.
Fuck, im hungry now and it's late. Fridge is filled with stuff that requires time to make....
Damnit, me too.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Dude..... Your life will be forever changed. Where are you going exactly? I'm in Belgrade for three weeks and Rhodes for nine days from may till end of june.
Spending the trip in Sarajevo with family. The S/O and I are taking a couple days to go to Dubrovnik so we can have a vacation from our vacation. It's been just over a decade since I've been back.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'm just not feeling well and have no interest in commenting on questions etc. Everyone else keep up the good work.
Hope you feel better soon Jim

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the funny thing all of the med countries have basically the same thing - gyro in Greece and virtually the same thing in Turkey and cevapi in the balkans. the only difference is the meat - the rest, in the yogurt cucumber sauce is virtually identical.

Damnit, me too.
I had pork souvlaki and greek sausages for dinner tonight..was so good.
I was googling some of the dishes that Daks and dtfd were talking about and saw that there is a new Serbian restaurant just a couple of blocks from my house. Will have to check it out

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I’ve been missing you, Jim.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
My mouth is watering....

I'm going back in June, can't wait. Boston doesn't have a single Bosnian restaurant.
That's unfortunate but also a possible business opportunity. I went to school with so many people of Bosnian descent, I'm surprised none have done that up by me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
this pairs well with the 'same food, different place' discussions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't know what any of that stuff is, but I'm always open to trying new things.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
this pairs well with the 'same food, different place' discussions

I like all the slightly different takes on good food. Grape leaves (dolma) are one of my favorites. Every Mediterranean country has a slightly different mix of fillings and spices, but every single one is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.