GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSR Elite for Forza 4. Anyone have this?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I got Forza 4 from my GF as part of Christmas. We've been playing it alot and I think she's more hooked than I am.

Anyone have the CSR Elite

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...d=107&osCsid=8e3ffc87ada06926495fcb26ccdb6104

I'm debating this or just the regular CSR. Trying to see if double the price is worth it or not.

I think I'm going to build myself a racing seat system to play. So I'm looking at a CSR or Elite wheel as well as pedals.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
You should just come over my place and test drive my setup... Fanatec Porsche TurboS wheel, Fanatec wheelstand, and Clubsport pedals...

My setup is pretty much what the regular CSR is with Porsche branding... the Elite is supposed to be pretty nice as well... can't go wrong with either one.

Be sure to pick up the wheel stand to turn your couch into a cockpit and it easily folds up and away for good WAF (wife acceptance factor)

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
HAHAHAHA of course you do.

Yea I'm debating which to get. MY GF is actually excited about it. Yea I'd want to try it before I spend the money. The CSR Elite is almost double the price of the regular CSR so I'm not sure if it will be worth it.

I couldnt justify the price when there are more parts for my real car that I want but I do have a Playseats deluxe with the madcatz wheel (new wireless design) and it works awesome with Forza :)

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
ok looking at the site, I'd save the money and get the plain CSR wheel and clubsport pedals (CSR elite pedals if you are on a budget... but the clubsports are pretty sick)... you can add the CSR shifter set or wait for the release of the clubsport shifter set.

and definetly get the Rennsport Wheelstand and a bunch of velcro straps to tidy up the wiring:)

I broke my regular shifter set and have been debating on getting the CSR shifter as a stop gap or wait for the clubsport shifters... they just take sooo long to release stuff :(

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
The regular CSR wheel is the same price as the MadCatz

I've been looking at different wheel stands etc. I'm almost debating building my own chair set up. I think there might be some Bride seats sitting around with one of my friends somewhere

Smooooth

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldnt justify the price when there are more parts for my real car that I want...

The money invested in a good setup reduces the wear and tear on your vehicle. Tires, brakes, speeding tickets, traffic accidents - all very expensive stuff.

The regular CSR wheel is the same price as the MadCatz

I've been looking at different wheel stands etc. I'm almost debating building my own chair set up. I think there might be some Bride seats sitting around with one of my friends somewhere

I thought the pedals were separate?

I couldnt justify the price when there are more parts for my real car that I want...

The money invested in a good setup reduces the wear and tear on your vehicle. Tires, brakes, speeding tickets, traffic accidents - all very expensive stuff.

When you've done autocross, no simulator will ever be good enough :)