GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dream cars: what are yours?

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
My brother told me that Tom Cruise just bought a Veyron. Does anyone know if this is true.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
showing off car/fully funtime leisure use:

a work car:

normal use eg leisure but dont want to be flashy:

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
MKV GTI is the dream car that I'll get. my fantasy dream car would be a Black E46 M3 or a E92 335Xi

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Besides my GTI....

A realistic dream...

Would be to have...

A Range Rover HSE
A Porsche 911 Turbo

The Range would be the daily driver for the winter and just in general, and the Porsche would be the nice weather toy.

NaterGator86

Touring Car Newbie
Jag XJ220
Koenigsegg CCX (with the topgear wing!)
Aston Martin DB9R
of course I would want a Bugatti Veyron

Other notables:
Ford GT
Ferrari F430 (hope to actually own one someday)
Mclaren SLR
Mclaren F1

Temper

Touch my monkey..
Aston Martin DB5 in the 1964 film Goldfinger

Aston Martin DB5 (1963)

DB5 is even more famous than DB4 because it was featured in James Bond movie "Goldfinger" in 1964. In the film, it was equipped with machine guns at the front bumper, bullet-proof rear screen and a passenger ejector seat - Sean Connery used it to get rid of the bad guy sitting next to him ! the car started a tradition that every Bond movie must feature a fancy car. In return, the film made the DB5 a hit, with more than 1000 cars sold in just two years.

Unlike the radical Bond's car, the real DB5 was a small evolution from DB4. This evolution saw the Aston Martin continued to shift away from motor racing and towards the luxury side. The DB5 got more refined and better equipped, such as power windows. Its exterior look evolved to be more matured and elegant. The handcraft quality was even better. Inevitably, the car got heavier, so the straight-6 was enlarged to 4 litres and 282 hp to cope, while gearbox upgraded to 5-speed. Despite that, the car was only marginally quicker than DB4. 0-60 mph took about 8 seconds and top speed was 143 mph. Now Aston Martin can no longer compete with Ferrari for performance, especially no short-wheelbase version was produced.

A few years ago I saw a silver DB5 on the road of Hong Kong. The elegant style and quality of its aluminum body was hugely impressive, and it had a real road presence. Many Ferraris of the same period could look old and dated today, but the Aston grand tourer remained timeless, thanks to its classic shape and superb attention to details.

Sadly, DB5 lived for only 2 years. From DB6, Aston started looking for a new shape, which failed to match the beauty of DB4 and DB5.

Specification
Model DB5
Year of production 1963-65
No. produced
1,021 units

Layout, Gearbox Front-engined, Rwd, 5M
Engine Inline-6, dohc, 2v/cyl
Engine capacity 3995 cc
Power 282 hp
Torque 288 lbft
Weight 1502 kg

Top speed 141 mph*
0-60 mph 8.1 sec*

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Koenigsegg CCX, posted the fastest lap time on "Top Gear" also holds the world record for the fastest speeding ticket ever, 242mph in Texas!!!

Performance

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.2 seconds
Top speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)
Standing Quartermile: 9.9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)
Braking distance: 31m (100-0 km/h)
Lateral G-force: 1.3 G
Fuel Consumption: Highway travel: 13 l / 100 km
Combined: 17 l / 100 km

Engine

Type: Koenigsegg V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts.
Displacement: 4.700 cm3
Compression: 8.2:1
Lubrication system: Dry sump with oil spray piston cooling.
Oil cooler.

Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Twin Rotrex centrifugal superchargers with response system 1.2 bar boost pressure

Power output: 806 Bhp at 6.900 rpm
Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

Dimensions
Total length: 4293 mm (169")
Total width: 1996 mm (78.6")
Total height: 1120 mm (44.1")
Ground clearance: 100 mm (3.9")
Fuel capacity: 70 litres (18.5 gallons US)
Luggage compartment: 120 litres (31.7 gallons US)
Dry weight: 1180 kg (2601 LBS)

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
haha why didnt the driver just drive away!! no helicopter can catch up to a konisegg come on!

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
once i saw the movie swordfish i was hooked with this car....it will always b my dreamcar...their is only 2 in the world and acter john trovolta owns 1 of them and tvr has the other...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
This baby with AWD & 600 HP!

Pure work out art!!!!!!!!!!!!!