GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For PS3 Battlefield or Modern Warfare??

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 CW GTI Autobahn
I'd go with BF3. I've played CoD for years since Modern Warfare 1, and frankly I started to get sick of it with Black Ops. Switched to BF3 and loving every second of it. Destroy buildings, jump in helicopters/tanks/boats/jeeps, parachute off of ledges/out of vehicles, etc. Much more of a variety of things to do in BF3 compared to CoD. I'm on PS3, so you can hit me up on there :)

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Most games are usually written for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3.

I think that depends on the specific game developer and not all of them. But I have no idea which ones are for what.

So far I am leaning towards Battlefield. From what I hear it just has more freedom on the actual gameplay.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 CW GTI Autobahn
Most games are usually written for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3.

That's not particularly true.

When it comes to big blockbuster hits that are cross platform (CoD, Battlefield, Skyrim, etc.) they are developed concurrently and released at the same time.

The "developed for 360, then ported over to PS3" idea was more true during the beginning of the PS3's lifecycle, since it was released AFTER the 360 and got a late start. At this time, there were already some games that were commercial successes (Mass Effect being one of them, can't think of any others at the time), so these games were then ported over to the PS3. I do have to add that the PS3 hardware architecture is different from the 360 (360 architecture is much like a PC, while PS3 is not), so it is more difficult for developers (at least initially when the system is released) to optimize the games for performance.

As far as which platform handles games better? That's really a toss up as it really depends the game, how much memory it demands for graphical processing, rendering of the number of objects on screen, streaming of graphical textures, etc. Even then, the differences (if any) are usually rather minor and don't take away from the gaming experience. In the case of BF3 and CoD, each console handles the game at nearly identical levels. There are a few games that DO NOT run better on PS3 (Skyrim being one of them) due to the architecture of the memory being allocated for the GPU. However, that is another story and I don't feel like going into all the technical details of that one haha :)

/rant

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Damn, that blows my supposed knowledge away! Now I know, thanks!

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 CW GTI Autobahn
Damn, that blows my supposed knowledge away! Now I know, thanks!

No prob dude. I'm a software engineer myself, so all the technical aspects of video game software development interest me. I try and read up in order to stay in the loop (I don't develop video games myself though)

Software engineer = Professional nerd :p

But anyway, get Battlefield on PS3 so we can play. LAN party?!?! WUT WUT!!! haha.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
No prob dude. I'm a software engineer myself, so all the technical aspects of video game software development interest me. I try and read up in order to stay in the loop (I don't develop video games myself though)

Software engineer = Professional nerd :p

But anyway, get Battlefield on PS3 so we can play. LAN party?!?! WUT WUT!!! haha.

Yeah, I think I will certainly get Battlefield. When I do, I'll hit you up so we can play! Just be easy on the noob!

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
it takes forever to rank up in bf3. so its worth it in the long run. the assist dont get counted in the end, you just get points for them as they happen. i have so many questions about bf3. its gonna take some time to learn it all.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 CW GTI Autobahn
it takes forever to rank up in bf3. so its worth it in the long run. the assist dont get counted in the end, you just get points for them as they happen. i have so many questions about bf3. its gonna take some time to learn it all.

Yeah, there's A TON of unlocks in BF3, so much that its not even funny. Much better replay value than CoD.