GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
It's not bad though, the rest of the car looks to have very nice proportions, and a good shape.

The one thing it really rectifies is the rear 3/4 view. The sedan looks really tall between the top of the rear wheel arch and the bottom of the C-pillar. This kinda shows it:

It's made worse in person and with 17's.

The coupe doesn't seem to have that problem though, but we'll see what it looks like in person.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hyundai gneiss sedan looks like an Audi and Jaguar rip off.

I've never been a fan of Cadillac for some reason

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Hyundai gneiss sedan looks like an Audi and Jaguar rip off.

I've never been a fan of Cadillac for some reason

Hyundai loves copying other brands.

Cadillac has a unique style that doesn't appeal to everyone. I think that combined with the brand really holds it back. The cars are brilliant though.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
That new Cadillac badge looks horrible. It looks like an old low-res 4:3 image being stretched out and displayed on a big high-res 16:9 screen.

Also, fuck these rising beltlines. I want a car with rear windows that are big enough to see things. GM seems to be one of the leaders in this movement to make a hundred cameras necessary because the car has the outward visibility of a fucking tank... STOP IT

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
That new Cadillac badge looks horrible. It looks like an old low-res 4:3 image being stretched out and displayed on a big high-res 16:9 screen.

Also, fuck these rising beltlines. I want a car with rear windows that are big enough to see things. GM seems to be one of the leaders in this movement to make a hundred cameras necessary because the car has the outward visibility of a fucking tank... STOP IT

:laugh: I'm going to have to agree on all counts here.

The visibility in my ATS isn't that bad though...but it could be MUCH better.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
What's the deal, does glass now cost more than metal?

The tiny windows are the only reason I didn't buy a Camaro instead of my GTI. I loved the way that car handled for such a heavy beast, loved the engine, loved the clutch feel, everything... I'd still be driving it today if I didn't feel like I needed a periscope to see the outside world.

Merkle

Banned

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So true.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI

The tiny windows are the only reason I didn't buy a Camaro instead of my GTI. I loved the way that car handled for such a heavy beast, loved the engine, loved the clutch feel, everything... I'd still be driving it today if I didn't feel like I needed a periscope to see the outside world.

On the Camaro, it's a design thing. They wanted to keep it as close to the concept as possible, which resulted in the Camaro being the worst offender in the industry. It's definitely an industry trend, though. Everyone is decreasing greenhouse area. Not sure how to reverse it, really.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
New caddy logo looks good with respect to the grill. They should just stretch it to fit the shape of their grills from now on :laugh:

Yeah I hate the trend. It's a combination of steeper rake on the hood for ped safety standards raising the beltline and the bloat of the segments in general. Cabins don't need to take up as much space as they do, not that we're utilizing the space well anyways. Tall roofs for headroom, easy ingress/egress make the cabin really tall. The only way to make it look proportionally correct is high beltlines and tiny windows.

Camero is a perfect example. That car is huge, but the tiny windows hide its size. At least in pictures.

butchered by autocorrecr

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I'm all about being able to see ot of my car. I hated the Camaro SS I drove because of the tank like feel. I didn't flog it around any corners or anything, but the motor was great, just that tiny windowless cockpit inside a massive barge really ruins the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.