GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender1

Banned
Yeah I prefer the button in the car but I'd be fine with the app if it didn't require a new opener. There's no reason they couldn't make a device with a wifi radio and an IR transmitter that would transmit to existing normal openers. Maybe this exists already?

If it doesn't, it seems like you could do that very easily.

Million dollar idea there.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI

That's cool. Too bad my current openers work just fine.

Yeah I prefer the button in the car but I'd be fine with the app if it didn't require a new opener. There's no reason they couldn't make a device with a wifi radio and an IR transmitter that would transmit to existing normal openers. Maybe this exists already?

Having 2 doors and 3 cars makes dealing with remotes a pain as without homelink or similar I'd need 6+ remotes :lol:

This. We park the cars on designated sides, so they each just need one remote. It's still annoying.

Homelink retrofits shouldn't be that difficult.

Found these threads from a while back:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6242
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20993

I've also seen it fitted into the headliner on here, too.

Dude, GTI's are ghey. Over 50% of the people in this discussion don't own them anymore. :laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I respectfully 100% disagree. After this one, I'm done with VW

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I'd like to own a Mk1 Golf or Jetta and a Beetle at some point in my life. Other than that, I've had my share of the VW experience as well.

The closest I'd get is a VW-powered sand-rail.

I, very obviously, have one of the "good ones" but likely won't get another VW. Not totally off the table, but unlikely.

Mine we all excellent cars. I just don't care for the cars themselves anymore.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Dude, GTI's are ghey. Over 50% of the people in this discussion don't own them anymore. :laugh:

I'll just sit here in my German corner by all by my lonesome. :laugh:

You could apply those homelink threads to any car, though. It all comes down to sourcing the components and finding a power source.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I'll just sit here in my German corner by all by my lonesome. :laugh:

You could apply those homelink threads to any car, though. It all comes down to sourcing the components and finding a power source.

Yea, I was looking into it for my ATS until I found this bluetooth thing. I like the idea much better because I always have my phone on me, and then it doesn't matter what car I'm in or not in.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I was looking into it for my ATS until I found this bluetooth thing. I like the idea much better because I always have my phone on me, and then it doesn't matter what car I'm in or not in.

The bluetooth solution is pretty slick, honestly.

I'm tempted to do that for my own garage, and I only have one bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.