GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go ahead... take the humanity out of driving.

saladin

Passed Driver's Ed
Really? Mandatory rear-view cameras? How hard is it really to spend a few seconds looking behind your car to make sure you won't run anyone over? As if there wasn't a ton of technology in cars anyway... makes you even more detached from the car.

And will you not bother to look anymore just because you now have cameras on your cars? Day after day, you have cars being turned into white goods like refrigerators and washing machines...

miami90

Ready to race!
Rear-view cameras are useful for blind spots though man. Of course you can look behind you, but when you're backing into a parking space with stupid bars, bumps, etc, sticking out of the wall, it's helpful to see you won't scratch your diffuser, bumper, or splashguards.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Really? Mandatory rear-view cameras? How hard is it really to spend a few seconds looking behind your car to make sure you won't run anyone over? As if there wasn't a ton of technology in cars anyway... makes you even more detached from the car.

And will you not bother to look anymore just because you now have cameras on your cars? Day after day, you have cars being turned into white goods like refrigerators and washing machines...

Welcome to the society with no personal responsibility and happy to sign away their lives to the government to control, er 'help' them.

What's hilarious is, as an auto damage appraiser in the insurance industry I can not tell you how many claims I inspect where a person backed out of a spot or a driveway and hit another car, often a PARKED car.......and so many times these cars have backup camera's.

A device will NOT make you a better driver. It will NOT solve every problem. It WILL drive up the cost of every car made. it SHOULD be a choice........

We have a camera on the Q5.....it's nice for backing into the garage.......but on the street? I look behind me just as if it's not there, actually don't even really use it at all.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Rear view cameras should already be mandatory! It's technology that can save lives. If you ever go somewhere where lots of children are running around you'd understand quickly why they are a welcome tech item.

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Only good trucks when needing to hook up a trailer. Maybe these soccer moms need it when driving these big a$$ SUVs

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
After a couple encounters almost being backed into in parking lot, i can totally understand why. İnstead of government fucking up our lives why cant they make stricter driving requirements like they do in germany, parallel park, let lane for passing, reaction tests etc. And learn with manual. And probably, hp limit on cars for teenager drivers, up until 18 when eligible to drive w/e they want

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
This sucks! I don't want all these driver aids! Not only is it more shit that can break, but it's gonna keep making the costs go up!

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
Rear view cameras should already be mandatory! It's technology that can save lives. If you ever go somewhere where lots of children are running around you'd understand quickly why they are a welcome tech item.

I don't have kids. I don't go places where there are lots of unattended children playing around cars. I should have the option to not have to have this. All of these driver aids are making people dumb and less attentive to what they are doing.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
After a couple encounters almost being backed into in parking lot, i can totally understand why. İnstead of government fucking up our lives why cant they make stricter driving requirements like they do in germany, parallel park, let lane for passing, reaction tests etc. And learn with manual. And probably, hp limit on cars for teenager drivers, up until 18 when eligible to drive w/e they want

This. They always say driving is a privilege, not a right yet they make it too easy to get licensed and WORSE TO KEEP YOUR LICENSE.

Lame.

Merkle

Banned
If they save lives then why not? I don't necessarily agree with the law, but I can't see it doing any harm either.

As long as I can turn off all driver aids in a vehicle I'll be content.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
The added cost could be harmful to the industry.

Though, the backup camera of our Saab is integrated into the rear view mirror, so you're looking back anyway. Gives a great extra set of eyes when backing out of a spot blind. I can see the value, but I don't think it should mandated across all cars.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I don't have kids. I don't go places where there are lots of unattended children playing around cars. I should have the option to not have to have this. All of these driver aids are making people dumb and less attentive to what they are doing.

Sure...