GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Bye Shadow Blue MKV GTI, Hello Night Blue MKVII GTI

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Updated

with a video i made about my MKV and MKVII :)

better watch in 720p, opinions please :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, i haven't been active around here in the past 2 years or so (Busy with Life)

This is a goodbye to my MKV GTI as well to this forum where i learnt a lot about the GTI, and how to go by modifications.

I had to sell my MKV GTI due to a very high repair cost for a problem in the cylinder head, although i always dreamed it would be my dream BT project car, I sadly had to sell it and move on. It was a very sad day indeed.

Some of you might remember my ex car, here are some pics of the phases it went through:

And this is my Brand New MKVII Night Blue GTI (Green Plates are temporary)

Thanks again golfmkv for every bit of information i got from here :biggrin:

Last edited:

poonpower

Ready to race!
BEAUTY. Congrats on the car

Its hard to think this is a brand new car, considering the lines look very similar to a mk6

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
BEAUTY. Congrats on the car

Its hard to think this is a brand new car, considering the lines look very similar to a mk6

well its an entirely new platform (which is 75kg less in weight) and drives so much better than the MK6 which was basically a face-lifted MK5 :biggrin:. I believe its lower, wider and more spacious than the the mk5/6. The interior is in a whole different level. The new 2.0T has a lot more torque and the power delivery is awesome, it also sounds deeper than the mk5\6 and has a bit of frequency in it.

believe me when i say this is way more than a face-lifted MK6

A1an

Hellafunctional
Very nice! I have my eyes on a MKVII GTI in another year. Hoping the MKVII quality everyone is seeing over in Europe translates over to the US version as well. Perhaps VWoA will resist the urge to cost cut on materials like they have on the new Jetta sedan.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R

well its an entirely new platform (which is 75kg less in weight) and drives so much better than the MK6 which was basically a face-lifted MK5 :biggrin:. I believe its lower, wider and more spacious than the the mk5/6. The interior is in a whole different level. The new 2.0T has a lot more torque and the power delivery is awesome, it also sounds deeper than the mk5\6 and has a bit of frequency in it.

believe me when i say this is way more than a face-lifted MK6

I'm fairly positive that the deeper sound is coming from the speakers inside of your car.. I drove a MKVII GTD and it sounded suspiciously non-diesel like - sure enough after pulling some fuses that nice sound was gone lol.

Either way - very nice car. I too think the overall driving experience with the MK7 vs MKV/6 is much more refined. The MK7 will be a good buy for anyone considering an upgrade. Although, personally, I'd rather wait for the MK6 R to come down in price :thumbsup:

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
nice car congrats.
not feeling the red stripe going through headlights tho a bit too much IMO.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Agreed

I just cant get over the line running through the head lights.

But congrats on the new car :thumbsup:

They look insanely good in person.. I didn't like anything about the mk7 until I saw the GTD.. Flawless looking car, although it doesn't have the red stripe, just a silver one.

I'm sure somebody will find a way to open those lights up and paint over it or something if they reeally dont like it

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
What I'm Not happy about is they are just getting lazy. Skoda, seat, Audi and VW all look the same now. Especially the rear end and side. I do agree though in person they look alot better. Just yesterday I saw my first GTI mkvii driving past my workshop. Defenatly better in person than on screen.

Rus.K

PCDT99
They look insanely good in person.. I didn't like anything about the mk7 until I saw the GTD.. Flawless looking car, although it doesn't have the red stripe, just a silver one.

I'm sure somebody will find a way to open those lights up and paint over it or something if they reeally dont like it

Yeah over in Korea I saw a few GTD's and didnt think they looked too bad, actually kinda liked them.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
What I'm Not happy about is they are just getting lazy. Skoda, seat, Audi and VW all look the same now. Especially the rear end and side. I do agree though in person they look alot better. Just yesterday I saw my first GTI mkvii driving past my workshop. Defenatly better in person than on screen.

Exactly, it's like as soon as you see one in person you really see alll the little details and think "holy shit, that thing looks insane".

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Yeah over in Korea I saw a few GTD's and didnt think they looked too bad, actually kinda liked them.

From 0-60 they are hella fun and above 60 they're not but, economical as fuck.. So it's a tough choice if you were given a choice between the GTI/D.. Considering it's engine is still quite tune-able