GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI wave?

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Sigh that's two threads where I've gotten that. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Thought I was posting constructive comments that are related to the OP, and apparently I should treat this site more like XDA.

By the way, this thread has much better SEO than the one you had me search for.

Funny though that we were talking about friendly gestures that you show to fellow VW enthusiasts.

Yeah some people on here get ALL bent out of shape when you start a new thread on one similar to one already on here.

But anyway I can usually get a wave about 1/3 of the time from other mkv and mkvI drivers.

I got a big ol smile from a little cutie in a black mkv i overtook the other day. That was better than any wave i could have got :w00t:

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
Next time why don't you give a wave to the search button there's a 3 page thread on this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time, keep your nose out of a thread that you don't even want to be a part of.

I may be new but I am sick and tired of people in a community designed for LEARNING AND SPREADING INFORMATION getting all bent out of shape like that.

I mean, if you think he should search, fine, that is your view, but at least be polite about it. Instead you were just a rude jerk who had to but in to a thread that you didn't even provide constructive comments on.

If you don't like a thread, stay out.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
TEH N00BZ R TAKIN OV3R OUR INTERWEBZ!

don't worry guys, once you've been on here for 6 months or so you'll start to see it from our perspective. it's like, you're at a party and you're talking to your friends about a movie that just came out. you finish the long a detailed conversation and move on to a new topic when someone comes up to you, introduces himself and starts a conversation off with "hey did you guys see that movie yet?" and then everyone in your group has that same "rolling eyes" type expression.

and then we tell them to use the search feature.

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
There is a difference between

hey, welcome to the forums. You can usually find ongoing conversations by using search. Might help you out next time. But I think the wave is a great idea.

and

Use the search.

and unlike a party, you can tune out posts you don't like, aka, dont click on them. This was not even my thread and I am defending it.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
There is a difference between

hey, welcome to the forums. You can usually find ongoing conversations by using search. Might help you out next time. But I think the wave is a great idea.

and

Use the search.

and unlike a party, you can tune out posts you don't like, aka, dont click on them. This was not even my thread and I am defending it.

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Golf TDI 2dr

BAHAHAhAhAH i like seeing ppl put up treads that already have pages and pages on the topic and then get burned. can we get a step by step search button preview when you join the forum so ppl are instantly reminded to use it first.

Ohiogti

Ready to race!
Yeah some people on here get ALL bent out of shape when you start a new thread on one similar to one already on here.

But anyway I can usually get a wave about 1/3 of the time from other mkv and mkvI drivers.

I got a big ol smile from a little cutie in a black mkv i overtook the other day. That was better than any wave i could have got :w00t:

I can totally picture her and think thats just hot. Good for you!

As far as the people that take threads way to seriously and beat down on newbees....get a life. It's a simple forum and no reason to act like a spoiled little brat. Have fun, share stories, and enjoy your cars

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
You know what...

Guess what. I dont care if you want us to search or not. We will make posts about whatever we want, and we will talk about what we want in them.

Just going to have to live with it. And we will just have to learn how immature, rude and idiotic you are

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
To get back on topic, I always throw up a V whenever I see another GTI, regardless of what generation it is. I don't always get one back, though. I think some of the modded guys see me stock and don't give a damn. In my eyes, all GTI owners are enthusiasts!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Most GTI's around me have tint too dark too see the person inside. :iono:

:word:

This isn't a "who has the best tune" or "which trans is best" thread where we have countless of the same discussion threads, its about a Golf/GTI/VW community and yet there is all this bickering.

Now let's hug it out and get along. :D

dwp2

Ready to race!
I still don't see too many GTIs and even then there's not much interaction. The subie scene was much friendlier. Must be a German thing.

JFranko

Passed Driver's Ed
Next time why don't you give a wave to the search button there's a 3 page thread on this already.

I searched "GTI wave" on google, nothing came up in this forum, or any other forum. If you search it now, my thread is the only one there.

Now, go troll someone else's thread.

TEH N00BZ R TAKIN OV3R OUR INTERWEBZ!

don't worry guys, once you've been on here for 6 months or so you'll start to see it from our perspective. it's like, you're at a party and you're talking to your friends about a movie that just came out. you finish the long a detailed conversation and move on to a new topic when someone comes up to you, introduces himself and starts a conversation off with "hey did you guys see that movie yet?" and then everyone in your group has that same "rolling eyes" type expression.

and then we tell them to use the search feature.

You don't know frustrating until you've been on a Jeep forum. :laugh:

I've been a member on Jeepforum for around 4 years, and if you search "Wave" in general discussion, you get 16+ "Jeep wave" threads that have been posted in the last two weeks. There is literally a new one at least every 2-3 days:mad0259:. I've seen how people over there handle new threads, so I'm glad I got it easy.