GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Is the Shield 9mm made in USA? If so, that'd sway my decision to buy it. I know it is a well regarded single stack, the XDS 9mm is also...

Planning to go test both out at a range this weekend....

Also, anybody have any opinions on the Standard Manufacturing DP-12?

Joel

Ready to race!
First time popping in here.
I'm looking for a smaller .40.
Used to have a Glock G27 but I want something a little bigger (but still not full sized) and I do not want another Glock.
I was thinking something made by Sig or H&K.
Anyone here have any opinions of the 2 or can suggest another option (and no I don't want a Springfield either lol.)

Only firearms currently owned are a .22 Ruger rifle, and a blue 4" Colt Python.
I have had an HK P2000SK since about 2002.
It is very well made.
No complaints...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Is the Shield 9mm made in USA? If so, that'd sway my decision to buy it. I know it is a well regarded single stack, the XDS 9mm is also...

Planning to go test both out at a range this weekend....

Also, anybody have any opinions on the Standard Manufacturing DP-12?

Yes.

Shield 9 is my EDC, next would be G43.

Not into the XDs at all.

SRoads

Ready to race!

takemorepills

Ready to race!
In countries with social problems that have strict gun laws, criminals find other ways to hurt people.

I used to live in China, criminals would go into train stations with swords and kill dozens, on what seemed like a "too-frequent" basis, as in, even as a foreigner I noticed these events in news or small talk at work. The police in China don't carry guns so it is difficult to stop a criminal with a weapon until backup help arrives.

Another common issue in China was deranged people going into daycares or kindergartens with bombs and blowing the place up. Just recently a guy blew up a grocery store, but the bomb was super powerful and took out a nearby apartment block also.

When trying to debate with liberals about gun control, I was aware of the UK problem. In researching knives in the UK I was surprised at how big of a problem it is over there, and the stories of people being knifed are pretty chilling. There's even a show on Netflix of people in Scotland taking knife training to defend themselves. Uh, who's up for a knife fight?!?!?

Difference between a gun and a knife is a gun is a big deal, it is noisy and usually used at distance and/or without care in aiming or skill to hit target. A knife is quiet, discreet, direct, effective and the victim and witnesses don't even know what happened until the criminal is around the other block.

Loonster

Ready to race!
Hate to be a stick in the mud but posting pictures of firearms online is never a good idea for more reasons than I can count.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Hate to be a stick in the mud but posting pictures of firearms online is never a good idea for more reasons than I can count.
As long as everything is legal and you're not posting your home address, I don't see an issue.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
In countries with social problems that have strict gun laws, criminals find other ways to hurt people.

I used to live in China, criminals would go into train stations with swords and kill dozens, on what seemed like a "too-frequent" basis, as in, even as a foreigner I noticed these events in news or small talk at work. The police in China don't carry guns so it is difficult to stop a criminal with a weapon until backup help arrives.

Another common issue in China was deranged people going into daycares or kindergartens with bombs and blowing the place up. Just recently a guy blew up a grocery store, but the bomb was super powerful and took out a nearby apartment block also.

When trying to debate with liberals about gun control, I was aware of the UK problem. In researching knives in the UK I was surprised at how big of a problem it is over there, and the stories of people being knifed are pretty chilling. There's even a show on Netflix of people in Scotland taking knife training to defend themselves. Uh, who's up for a knife fight?!?!?

Difference between a gun and a knife is a gun is a big deal, it is noisy and usually used at distance and/or without care in aiming or skill to hit target. A knife is quiet, discreet, direct, effective and the victim and witnesses don't even know what happened until the criminal is around the other block.

Wise words. Facts indeed. A pen, pencil, my 6in stainless pocket ruler, all are weapons and potentially deadly.

A wise man once said, "My rifle is not a weapon, it's a tool. I am the weapon."

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion

All of my firearms are legally owned and acquired through proper channels, I am not a felon anywhere, I am not promoting violence. Quite frankly, I don't see the issue.

If you could please list some of these reasons for us? Maybe you can change our minds.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
First time popping in here.
I'm looking for a smaller .40.
Used to have a Glock G27 but I want something a little bigger (but still not full sized) and I do not want another Glock.
I was thinking something made by Sig or H&K.
Anyone here have any opinions of the 2 or can suggest another option (and no I don't want a Springfield either lol.)

Only firearms currently owned are a .22 Ruger rifle, and a blue 4" Colt Python.
TFB TV just released a great video comparing the G43 and the new Shield 2.0 9. Good video, and at the end I found it was a complete wash. Both are great, but the shield is cheaper.

Good points he made about the G43 was the barrel is 3.3" instead of 3" as with the Shield without being longer. Also, the G43 is more easily capable of "deep carry" use, with the shortest magazine. The shield with it's shortest has a longer grip and is slightly less concealable.

I'd rock the Shield myself because I have never bought a Glock and if I did it would be a 10mm. Lol.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Even though it’s louder a gun is a much more disconnected way of killing someone. I’ve seen interviews of murder suspects and time after time they say it was almost like a dream/didn’t happen.

A knife is up close and personal, you feel the knife penetrate flesh and you’re close to your victim, often looking straight at them. It also subjects the stabber to the potential of being fought off.

A gun you pull out and bang...

What does this mean? I hear this all the time but statistics tend to point in the opposite direction.

The US has a per capita intentional homicide rate 4x that of the China.

The same trend follows every other Western European country as well.

Maybe I don’t get it. I am far from a gun “enthusiast”, I own guns and have a CHL but that’s the extent of it. To me it’s no different than a hammer or impact wrench, I don’t romanticize them, it’s a tool.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
TFB TV just released a great video comparing the G43 and the new Shield 2.0 9. Good video, and at the end I found it was a complete wash. Both are great, but the shield is cheaper.

Good points he made about the G43 was the barrel is 3.3" instead of 3" as with the Shield without being longer. Also, the G43 is more easily capable of "deep carry" use, with the shortest magazine. The shield with it's shortest has a longer grip and is slightly less concealable.

I'd rock the Shield myself because I have never bought a Glock and if I did it would be a 10mm. Lol.

Good info, thanks!
2 guys at my office just picked up Shields to carry (one a .40, and one a 9mm).

Might go try theirs out. But in the meantime I'll check out that video.
Thanks again!