GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Picked up my 2010 GTI 08/25/10. Carbon Steel Gray, 18" Detroit's, Bi-Xenon's, DSG, Dynaudio, Blue tooth. I live right on the New York/Vermont border. Love the GTI.

Photo taken at the dealer before I left the lot:

Presto

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm obviously new here, I have been looking at the forum for the past week for what feels like almost 24/7. I really like the way the forum is set up and have already got a lot of information about the Golf MK6. I don't have a MK6, but I am really considering getting one. Currently I drive a 2006 Honda Accord coupe (v6 with a 6-speed). I like the car a lot but considering an upgrade if I like the MK6 enough. I fell i love with the MK6 when i was helping a friend do some research on new cars because he was wanting to switch things up a bit, he ended up getting a Mazdaspeed 3 (only because it's fast right off the lot). Hopefully I will get a GTI soon to show him with a little tune and CAI the GTI is much better car!

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
New owner here!

Gave up my 2008 Rabbit (lease) and bought a 2010 GTI. Pretty excited about owning and taking care of this car, as it should be a great car to own. Only had it one week and am already hooked.
I am actually more of an Audi owner than anything, as I have been around older Audi's since 1999, and have one in my stable for now. I love German engineering and can be found wrenching on old Audi's and VW's on the weekends!

A picture of my purchase...

Cheers!

saladin

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody. I'm a grad student at UW Madison, and I'm very crazy about cars. After pondering for months about what car to buy, I finally went and bought a 2010 Tornado Red GTI. I had always wanted a manual transmission. I grew up in India, and I like an aggressive driving atmosphere with tyres screeching and the engine roaring with the revs. I had two cars in mind when I went out shopping, the Ford Mustang and the GTI. And the test drive sorted it out for me. I had the unhappy manual gearbox in the V6 Mustang (I'm still a college student, cannot imagine a V8 monster!). But the GTI felt so much like me. It seemed like it liked being driven and would simply do whatever I wanted it to. Then I knew this was what I was going to buy, and it was at my home the next evening. I have been receiving compliments about the car since, especially the colour. My next door neighbour (an elderly lady) actually liked the shape of my 'little car'. Guess she had no idea of the raving maniac under the hood!
Ever since, I have been loving my car, and am trying desperately to keep it clean. Its just three weeks old, and I've already cleaned it six times, inside and out. It does like to get dirty!
One thing that has been bugging me, though, is that I don't seem to enjoy it on the highway. I would like my steering to get heavier and the suspension softer when I'm cruising. Too bad, the American model does not have the option to adjust suspension settings. Come to think of it, I don't think I have found a decent road up in WI where I can utilize the complete potential of the car. But don't get me wrong, I love the damn thing. I might sometimes hate bathing, but I can clean the car every day.
My dream is to preserve this thing in stock to my dying day, but I'm a bit concerned about the horrid winter we're gonna have soon. God, please protect my car!

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Hi everybody. I'm a grad student at UW Madison, and I'm very crazy about cars. After pondering for months about what car to buy, I finally went and bought a 2010 Tornado Red GTI. I had always wanted a manual transmission. I grew up in India, and I like an aggressive driving atmosphere with tyres screeching and the engine roaring with the revs. I had two cars in mind when I went out shopping, the Ford Mustang and the GTI. And the test drive sorted it out for me. I had the unhappy manual gearbox in the V6 Mustang (I'm still a college student, cannot imagine a V8 monster!). But the GTI felt so much like me. It seemed like it liked being driven and would simply do whatever I wanted it to. Then I knew this was what I was going to buy, and it was at my home the next evening. I have been receiving compliments about the car since, especially the colour. My next door neighbour (an elderly lady) actually liked the shape of my 'little car'. Guess she had no idea of the raving maniac under the hood!
Ever since, I have been loving my car, and am trying desperately to keep it clean. Its just three weeks old, and I've already cleaned it six times, inside and out. It does like to get dirty!
One thing that has been bugging me, though, is that I don't seem to enjoy it on the highway. I would like my steering to get heavier and the suspension softer when I'm cruising. Too bad, the American model does not have the option to adjust suspension settings. Come to think of it, I don't think I have found a decent road up in WI where I can utilize the complete potential of the car. But don't get me wrong, I love the damn thing. I might sometimes hate bathing, but I can clean the car every day.
My dream is to preserve this thing in stock to my dying day, but I'm a bit concerned about the horrid winter we're gonna have soon. God, please protect my car!

Haha, I hear you. I just bought a white 2010 gti. I'm in WI a little north of you.. about an hour south of La Crosse if you know where that is. Let me know if you find any good roads or good wash solutions for the winter. I hand wash and being outside doing that in the winter is impossible. FYI highway 56 near Viroqua is pretty good.. not a lot of cops either :thumbsup:

saladin

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha, I hear you. I just bought a white 2010 gti. I'm in WI a little north of you.. about an hour south of La Crosse if you know where that is. Let me know if you find any good roads or good wash solutions for the winter. I hand wash and being outside doing that in the winter is impossible. FYI highway 56 near Viroqua is pretty good.. not a lot of cops either :thumbsup:

Great! I'll take a look at the stretch once I find the time. I hope there are lots of curves on there.
Yeah, I know where La Crosse is, and I shudder to think of the approaching winter. I won't be able to screech off the lights like I do now and leave tyre marks everywhere! But I guess that would make driving in the next Spring all that satisfying! I'll let you know of any wash solutions/ roads if I get to know any.
Btw, would you know if there are any tracks around here where one can really exploit the car? Without getting ticketed?

305GTI

Ready to race!
Hello all, jumping over from a 08 TR MKV. Just hit 1000 miles today and I look forward to starting the mods very soon. Here is my new 2010 ug gti.

LUICTO

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all, i am Louie US Army stationed in Hawaii, I just purchased a Candy White 2010 VW GTI MKVI, it is my first VW ever...I traded in my 2007 Charger SRT8 (Super Bee Edition) for it...i have the DSG, Bi-Xenon, Dynaudio, Blue Tooth, Full Leather, 18" Detroit's, Sunroof and GTI Monster Matts, I must say I love it, it's a little smaller than the Charger but I smile everytime I look at the MPG, I went from 12-14 MPG to 26-29 MPG which is more than twice "outstanding". I do mis the HP and the TQ of the Super Bee, but the GTI is no slouch either, I did the "launch" thing and WOW it has some GO power...so far very impressed with the GTI, well that's all for now, please take care and be safe...God Bless!!!

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Great! I'll take a look at the stretch once I find the time. I hope there are lots of curves on there.
Yeah, I know where La Crosse is, and I shudder to think of the approaching winter. I won't be able to screech off the lights like I do now and leave tyre marks everywhere! But I guess that would make driving in the next Spring all that satisfying! I'll let you know of any wash solutions/ roads if I get to know any.
Btw, would you know if there are any tracks around here where one can really exploit the car? Without getting ticketed?

no i havent looked up any tracks yet; i think im going to wait for my first apr tune for that. probably in spring. i think by then she'll have had some miles and will be a little more feisty :)

bhushir

my first car - the gti 2011

hey ya'all,
I've visited this site a lot during my final days of deciding which car to buy.

I'm from India, but have been working in Dubai for about 3 years.
I bought my first car, and that was a GTI - Candy White - 2011.
Its been with me for past 4 days.. and I love every bit of it..

KIX

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi from Mexico city

Well technically my car is not a MK6 is more like a Mk V and a half, namely a Golf Sportwagen, right now it has 61 miles on the odo.
Pano roof, cornsilk beige leather, MFC steering wheel, MFD, 17 portos, RNS 510 and Xenons with fogs and luxury package. Candy White.

Also I have a Cup Beetle ( very similar to the RSI) with too much mods to mention, but I like it a lot.

here is a pic of my uberWagon

unfortunately the dealer had just installed the front plates holder and ruined my clean front, but Ill change it tomorrow for an euro plate.

I am the owner of a Apple Service center and store, so any question regarding apple feel free to ask.

best regards Juan Carlos AKA KIX

lmlloyd

Ready to race!
Hi there. I used to be really into Scirocco MKIIs. Haven't had a VW for about a decade, and finally resigned myself to the fact that even if VW ever does bring the Scirocco MKIII to the US, it will probably be as a special edition that will cost more than I want to spend anyway. So, the wife and I bought a Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI, with DGS. I actually am pretty happy with the car so far, but am already making the mental list of the mods I want to do to it, even though we haven't even made our first payment on it yet. I know, I'm sick. Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

NRMOZ1

After 30 years away from VW (had an original 1200cc Kombi and a 1600cc Beetle), I've just picked up a 2010 VW Golf Wagon (half a Mk6 and half a Mk 5 by all accounts).

Just finished my first longish run; and I'm thoroughly impressed. Went the Comfortline 103 Diesel with 6spd DSG and Sports Pack.

First diesel I've owned; I can only say I should have made the switch years ago; the turbo 2.0l, and the DSG box plus excellent handling and comfort make for a sweet & stylish ride.

First mods? Already got the Thule roof racks, for multisport ski and sea kayak (and shoe horning a bike carrier on the roof also...)

Then it's boot and door sill protection - just have to find some local plate suppliers for this...

Last edited: