GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Gas prices

Marvin

Ready to race!
I'm currently paying £6.13p for a UK gallon which comprises ca 4.54 litres but at least my car does 42mpg, averagely. And this is only the beginning. I reckon about £2/UK gallon by the end of the year.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I just paid $4.09/gal for 91 in Northern California two days ago. Only got 11.5 gal though, so I managed to squeak under the $50 fill-up... bullet dodged, for now.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I think its all just a tactic to allow the States to get military into Libiya. You've probly seen debates "Why we need to intervene in Libya" and so forth, this would just justify their actions and win over support of the people because we are feeling the hardship of high gas prices. Meanwhile, people are being killed as they try to flee the country.

If I remember correctly, 90% of Libya's oil exports go to Europe not US. I may be wrong though.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
If we intervene in Libya, it needs to be to support humanitarian efforts not oil. Of course, this is a need is many parts of Africa but they have no oil exports so we don't bother.

We don't need to drill in Alaska, we have tons of available fuel....if we were to work on conserving it.

McQueen77

Banned
I live in southern California and prices are rising fast..driving to school and work takes a lot of gas even if I'm driving economically..the bike is coming out pretty soon haha

yeah, So Cal is brutal. I was on the west side the other day (prices always way higher over there) and paid $4.31 p/gallon of 91! Brutal. I just try and take it easy and keep my foot out of it. Most of the time I average around 26-27 mpg for mixed city/hwy driving, even with a few hard throttle runs..

The prices will go back down again though. They always do. Just not back to the low $3 range, probably ever again.

ajmstilt

Passed Driver's Ed
*lives in norcal, commutes on bicycle about half the week, conversation at work friday:

coworker: "ugh can you believe gas prices"
me: "uh no haven't paid attention... what's it up too these day? I haven't filled up in a month"
coworker: "shut up"

*coworker drives one of those lifted brodozers with off road tires all the time, and gets maybe 12pmg

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Well ran my first full tank over the weekend. As I am still in the process of breaking the car in I've not been driving that economical in the name of just letting the engine run a varying load and rpm even on highway. In return I got about 23mpg for this tank, costed me $65 to fill back up when I was in Toronto over the weekend. Hopefully after I finish the breaking in and drive more normally on highway cruising speed I'll get better mileage in return...

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Yeah, things are trending in a hard direction, but wait until Memorial Day.

Whenever someone with a vehicle that ways more than 4000 lbs (that doesn't use it for their trade) starts bitching about gas prices, I generally tell them to fuck off.

I'm a firm believer that one can drive whatever one can afford. If one feels compelled to whinge for off-shore oil rigs off of my beach or drilling the North Slope, well, one really can't afford that vehicle, right?

We've had it damn easy compared to the rest of the world, and as a result there are 15,000 Navibourbons in the passing lane every morning commute.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Threadjack: speaking of 4000+ lb vehicles, I'm a firm believer in disallowing distracted drivers to drive big ass SUVs. They never pay attention to anyone else on the road, and assume that people with regular cars will move out of their way just because their car is larger and can thus drive as recklessly as they want and not pay attention. Almost got killed by two middle-aged white ladies (separate occasions, same commute) today on my way home from the doctor's office. Absolutely unacceptable.

Last edited:

krische

vdubber in training
Whenever someone with a vehicle that ways more than 4000 lbs (that doesn't use it for their trade) starts bitching about gas prices, I generally tell them to fuck off.

This. I find it funny that people have been buying bigger vehicles again just because gas prices have been low the past 2 years. Just furthers my belief that the majority of people are stupid and have no critical thinking skills.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
All for 87 octane fuel
Calgary, AB was $1.08 a litre
Golden, BC was $1.20 a litre
Salmon Arm, BC was $1.19 a litre
Sorrento, BC was $1.25. When I drove back the same day Sorrento went down to $1.17 a litre.

I had a quarter of a tank left and it cost me $46.00 to put it to fill at $1.19.

Last edited:

krische

vdubber in training
Further kills the oversized and unneccessary vehicles many people drive. I am absolutely ok with $4.00 gas.

Would probably make traffic a little lighter without so many gigantic SUVs and trucks on the road. Well that and I guess increased benefits of carpooling.