GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

koni fsd with neuspeed springs

speedjello

Passed Driver's Ed
hi i am wondering if anyone installed koni fsd with neuspeed spring found any problem with 3 adults sitting in the back? any rubbing occurred?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
What kind of midget adults are you going to get to fit 3 in the back?

I have Koni FSD and Eibach Sport springs and my rear is actually higher than my front by a 1/2" and with two adults in the back it's fine.

speedjello

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of midget adults are you going to get to fit 3 in the back?

I have Koni FSD and Eibach Sport springs and my rear is actually higher than my front by a 1/2" and with two adults in the back it's fine.

yea dun mind us HK folks, we are built that way.... i know eibach is higher, but neuspeed is suppose to sit lower than eibach... so anyone?

Vee

EVERYBODY INTERNET!
I have this setup but have not had 3 adults in the back. I have however had a lot of weight in there, probably 3-400lbs with no issues.

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
How's the ride quality with the FSD in comparison to stock?

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Bumpity Bump.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
yea dun mind us HK folks, we are built that way.... i know eibach is higher, but neuspeed is suppose to sit lower than eibach... so anyone?

....You need to check that Neuspeed offer a spring which is appropriate to use with KoniFSD's, otherwise you could have serious problems. The FSD's can't work properly if you are lowered too much. I know someone who had a failure and spun badly as a result!

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
How's the ride quality with the FSD in comparison to stock?

....Excellent. Firm but not harsh and just softens the hard edges off most bumps. I've done about 25,000 miles on them including high speed 130 mph plus (GPS reading). Good idea to buy some sway bars as well to complete the suspension package (well, almost complete it).

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Excellent, I'll have to check that out. Driving in the Bay area on the 280 and 85 right now is really bumpy. When I talk on the phone my voice sounds like someone is rapidly hitting me in the back.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
....You'll still feel the bumps but not quite as harshly - It obviously depends on the nature of the bumps and your speed over them! KoniFSD's are fitted as stock to some of the supercars - Lambo and Mercedes. They are a good road rather than track shock.