GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Left Lane Campers

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Definitely worth noting 6 of the 14 points i've accrued in my driving career were directly caused by left lane campers / idiotic drivers boxing me in and driving me so crazy that the moment i get an opening i punch it, and a cop saw it. they are not understanding of the struggle, despite their own experience with it all day everyday.

just wanna take this moment to say FTP / ACAB <3
I got pulled over for that once. Big fucking semi with a huge empty trailer driving in the left lane. All the people behind me stepped on it and gunned it past him. Then it was my turn. I may have gone a little harder, but I also had a catless turboback so he heard me above anything else. The cop pulled me over like, when was your last speeding ticket? I told him I've never got one. He said ok, I'm gonna go check. When he got back he said I'm gonna give you a warning because of your clean record. He had no idea what my actual speed was, so I don't think he could get me for anything anyway.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

I don't need to call in a favor for that 🤣

Definitely worth noting 6 of the 14 points i've accrued in my driving career were directly caused by left lane campers / idiotic drivers boxing me in and driving me so crazy that the moment i get an opening i punch it, and a cop saw it. they are not understanding of the struggle, despite their own experience with it all day everyday.

My father in law tried to sling shot past a left lane camper holding up a pack of cars. Turned out to be a state trooper. He wasn't impressed at being passed on the right at 100+

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was behind an old woman left lane camper and could see that the lane was clear ahead of her for at least a half mile. Couldn't get in the lane to the right so I got fed up and passed her using the carpool lane during the prohibited time. Next thing I know a motorcycle cop was pulling me over so I got off the highway at the next exit which was close by. It was 110* that day and after he ran my plate and checked my license he comes back to the driver window and says to me. I understand why you passed her but don't do it in front of a cop. He was behind the car behind me and I couldn't see him. 😜

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I was behind an old woman left lane camper and could see that the lane was clear ahead of her for at least a half mile. Couldn't get in the lane to the right so I got fed up and passed her using the carpool lane during the prohibited time. Next thing I know a motorcycle cop was pulling me over so I got off the highway at the next exit which was close by. It was 110* that day and after he ran my plate and checked my license he comes back to the driver window and says to me. I understand why you passed her but don't do it in front of a cop. He was behind the car behind me and I couldn't see him. 😜
He should have pulled her over then.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I had a situation during my SRT4 days where I was getting boxed in in the left lane with a car behind me, in front of me, and slightly in the middle lane not giving me enough room to get out. We pass a cop, he pulls out. Of course, all 4 of us (including the middle car) were doing the same speed at the time we passed the cop. He goes after me.

When I pull over, I asked, how come you went after me when all 4 of us were going the same speed and I couldn't get out of the left lane? He simply said, he had a laser, it hit my car and he has to go after the car it hits. I'm thinking, yeaaaaaah right. Finally he confesses after easing up on me (probably because I wasn't a total young douche kid that he probably typically deals with in those neck of the woods since it wasn't my area), that my car is going to get pulled over. He's like, it's red, black wheels, big wing, loud, it's going to get pulled over. Is there such a thing as car racism? Again, we were ALL going the same speed but he only went after me (and giving me the bs laser story).

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
He's like, it's red, black wheels, big wing, loud, it's going to get pulled over. Is there such a thing as car racism? Again, we were ALL going the same speed but he only went after me (and giving me the bs laser story).
The car in my avatar got me pulled over so much. Red, 15% tint, loud exhaust, big subwoofer, and also had black wheels at some point...At least 4-5 times were just for window tint. One guy pulled me over as I was exiting the gate to my neighborhood. He said my exhaust was too loud, so I got a warning for that and never left my house until the SAI quit after that. My carbon gray mk6 had the same % window tint and I had both of those cars for 6 years. I never got pulled over for tint in my mk6. It was dumber things like a cop that said I didn't stop at a stop sign when I definitely did, but there was a car between him and me so he couldn't see me. Then one time I never got a renewal notice and forgot my mom was first on my registration. She co-signed for me and my registration went by her birthdate, so I was 2 months expired and had no idea. The only other time I got pulled over with that car was in my post a few comments up. That red car got pulled over probably about a dozen times.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Keehs, is that you?

Up until the last few years, I've averaged 1 to 2 speeding tickets a year. Being military most of that, I had an out of state license and most states didn't report tickets prior to all of that being digital.

Waze has really helped cut my tickets down.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Maybe I'm getting less tickets because I'm getting old too?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The car in my avatar got me pulled over so much. Red, 15% tint, loud exhaust, big subwoofer, and also had black wheels at some point...At least 4-5 times were just for window tint. One guy pulled me over as I was exiting the gate to my neighborhood. He said my exhaust was too loud, so I got a warning for that and never left my house until the SAI quit after that. My carbon gray mk6 had the same % window tint and I had both of those cars for 6 years. I never got pulled over for tint in my mk6. It was dumber things like a cop that said I didn't stop at a stop sign when I definitely did, but there was a car between him and me so he couldn't see me. Then one time I never got a renewal notice and forgot my mom was first on my registration. She co-signed for me and my registration went by her birthdate, so I was 2 months expired and had no idea. The only other time I got pulled over with that car was in my post a few comments up. That red car got pulled over probably about a dozen times.

This thing used to get pulled over for speeding when it was parked. Replaced with a black Corrado, cops barely noticed it. On the bright side, I got road head in the 92 GTI, so worth the tickets.

FB_IMG_1572569660923.jpg

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
One time I pulled up to a light next to a Cop in an older SHO Taurus.

When the light went green, I accelerated with him up to the speed limit. Hilariously enough, he wasn't very happy about it.

He immediately dropped in behind me and I could see him using the computer. He ended up just going around me a few moments later since I just sat at the speed limit and my record is clean. 😋

Last edited:

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Speaking of dumbass reasons to get pulled over, I got pulled over in Oklahoma once for driving with my “fog lamps” on and a partially obscured license plate registration sticker (we’re talking millimeters here). Must’ve been fishing for drunk drivers or something, right?

Funny thing is he didn’t even ask me for my license, registration and insurance. After he tells me about the fog light and registration sticker infractions he says “so, 420 huh?” Not having a clue what he’s getting at, I’m like “what’s that?” He goes, “your license plate”.

I completely lost it. First time I ever started laughing my ass off while getting pulled over.

After l caught my breath and explained it was issued by the state of Colorado and not a personalized license plate he told me to drive safe and have a great night.

91103928-0F10-4BEF-A242-1DE4D20DA2AD.jpeg