GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 for an MKV R32 worth it?

eanico

Guys- throwing this out there for advice. I am looking @ an 08 R32 with 28k miles on it very clean and @ $21k not too bad either, as the BB value of it is @ 23k. Ive always wanted this car and now have the opportunity to own one. However, the case is that i'll be going backwards from a 2010 gti to an 08 r32. Furthermore, i am coming up to 47k miles on my gti so kinda need to dump it before it looses more value. I cant afford having both cars so i figure the gti can go. Are there any pros n cons yawls can think of on this deal, sure getting an older car is a con but the pros r that vr6 sound which is so intoxicating on that r32! let me know

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
It's 4 years old.....not bad, and really low miles.......and you have always wanted one (me too)......

I say go for it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
worse mpg
2doors only
older
heavier
costs more to mod

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
If you really need AWD for rude winters,
If the R is in better shape that your Gti,
If you can test drive it first and you really feel in love with it,

then, you could think about it.

Chongorlz

Ready to race!
Don't do it ! Mkv r 32's are a good car BUT there heavy! Expensive to mod and IMO there funny looking . I went from this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346631159.739117.jpg
To this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346631212.363907.jpg
And I don't miss the R one bit!

ImmI

Ready to race!
I would, just for the VR6.

Think about it this way. In 5 years, what will each be worth?

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
Hell.. I love the MK6 but I would dump mine to get my 04 R back. That exhaust note is to die for.

Captain Stig

Passed Driver's Ed
mmmm very personal decision. I have a '12 GTI and a '03 V6 4motion, the sound is incredible (very similar to the 3.2) but I think the R will cost less tha the MK6 in the future.....
Bad Bussines, good feeling, dream reached....