GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my car don`t hold boost.

mencho73

To fast 4 you
Car(s)
mkv gti
Hi there guys Iam having a trouble here that is freaking me out
my car is a gti fsi 2.0T 6speed manual with awe dv.install,and had no boost gauge now there i have install one i can see clearly that my boost afther reaching 10psi drops. it don`t hold my boost to 10psi it drops and causing me to loose my races after shifting to 3rd gear i pull with 10psi than it begins to drop my psi down causing them to pull on me so i only have install the awe dv i can not see any leak what can be my problem the car pulls hard but can not hold my boost to 10psi why???
what can be the problem help????
is my wastegate electronic cause maybe is a fuse or relay causing me this problem please help me I have 1year all with this problem
Epc is on fault codes were p0601/01537 help please.:iono::iono::iono:

Car(s)
Subaru
is it tuned? stock you should only be getting about 10psi

is the awe diaphragm ripped?

have you checked for boost leaks?

you may need a new ecu though

Car(s)
Subaru
take it in and see if it can be updated. you might still be running an old version. vw will know

edit: if youre tuned, then the update should be in that tune. how long ago was it tuned? it may not have the update still if it was a long time ago

mencho73

To fast 4 you
Car(s)
mkv gti
Hey bro.
thx for your replay listen can that dv ripped allready i have only maybe 1 year with it tomorrow i will check that, my car is not tuned i have carbonio intake ,awe dv,torque mount,bsg pcv fix, noice pipe delete ,my down pipe will arrive next week and that sit my friend, should I be good with those mods do you now more mods that i can do to help me gain more hp using my stock turbo my plan is to get in 13s lets get back were to look for my boost leak i have allso order new ic pipes but I will check the dv in the morning .

Car(s)
Subaru
10psi is what you get on a stock tune. the boost will slowly go down towards the redline. thats normal. if you get a tune, you double that but will still lose boost closer you get to redline. the awe dv is prolly fine though. you shouldnt need new ic hoses. they have a tiny rubber seal inside them. if theyre clicked in and still losing boost, buy new seals. i think theyre like $5 or something stupid.

as for those mods, they really arent doing much of anything without a tune to be honest. your turbo is regulated to spool slow. essentially, your car doesnt try any harder than it should, even if its easier to. get a tune and profit

the thing that has me is that code. take it to vw and have them flash the updated ecu software... or get a tune (which will have the update built in). if that fixes it, great, but if not, youll need a new ecu

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16985/P0601/001537

When found in 2.0l TFSI (BPJ, BPY, BWA, BWJ, BYK), check/update Engine Control Module Software Version

Audi A3 (8P), A4 (8E/8H) or Audi A6 (4F):
North American Region (NAR): TSB 2017905/24-08-82
Rest of World (RoW): Campaign 24H8 (2013846) or TPI 2012760
Seat Altea (5P) or Leon (1P), see Campaign 24S1 (2014557).
Skoda Octavia (1Z), see Campaign 24K5 (2014942).
Volkswagen Models:
Rest of World (RoW): TPI 2014494

North American Region (NAR): TSB 2014077/01-09-18 or 24M2/O3 RVU (may be covered under warranty)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Even with a downpipe, if you get into the 13's, anyone with only a simple Stage 1 tune will beat you. Without a tune your downpipe will hurt your low-end acceleration.

mencho73

To fast 4 you
Car(s)
mkv gti
Hi fed my stock boost have to speak first than come to 10 psi
of it go`s directly to 10 psi in 3rd gear cause mine rise to 10 in 3rd and does`nt spaik then come to 10.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Stock tune FSI will peak 12-13psi and by 5,000rpm or so (it's been very long since my car was stock turbo and stock tune), it'll drop to 10psi.

Very old thread on Vortex, but it looks like your ECU needs the OY update performed.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3621020

And for what it's worth, you probably won't hit 13's with just a DP. When I was on the stock tune with an intake and catless downpipe, I was hitting 14.3@97mph.