GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My other passion/hobby

watson

Ready to race!
Some of you may have watched a video or two with my African Grey, Ajax in them. I also have 9 other birds in the home: another african grey (She used to be a breeder until I got her) 2 sun conures, 2 crimson bellied conures, 2 parrotlets, and 2 mini macaws (yellow collar and hahns). I tell my friends that birds are like feathered puppies - they can be that affectionate (and mischievous). Here are a couple vids of what life is like with a flock of birds living with you! :) and yes it is that loud when the conures and the mini macaws sound off! :eek:

and my favorite one of Ajax telling me he loves me :) :wub:

Bose

Ready to race!
Dang man! and I thought my one little Caique was a handful! Nice flock of fids you got there. My neighbor's Sun Conure wakes the entire neighborhood at first light.

watson

Ready to race!
Dang man! and I thought my one little Caique was a handful! Nice flock of fids you got there. My neighbor's Sun Conure wakes the entire neighborhood at first light.

Thanks! I bet your Caique keeps you on your toes...blacked headed or white belly caique? I love them both :wub:

When the conures and the mini macs start screaming...I swear I get ear bleeds :eek:

Bose

Ready to race!
Mine is a Black-headed. She's a total trip. Smartest animal in the house by far. Dominates both of our cats.

Was that jalapeno and habanero peppers you were fixin them?

watson

Ready to race!
Mine is a Black-headed. She's a total trip. Smartest animal in the house by far. Dominates both of our cats.

Was that jalapeno and habanero peppers you were fixin them?

they are bell peppers - I can only give the hot peppers to the greys when they are in their cage because my dogs think anything the birds drop is manna from heaven ;) and the bostons would be in for quite a hot surprise! LOL!

Typical begging scenario in the house...

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
GF had a sun conure, it was from the zoo she is a keeper at (birds dept.). Lost its mate and they had him off display for a while since he over groomed himself then realized it was silly and said someone could take him so she did. Unfortunately he was getting old and when we moved a year ago he had a heart attack from the stress and died a few days later :(.

I like birds to look at but for some reason the noises to me are like nails on a chalkboard so I am glad she has decided not to bring anymore home. IF she saw that room you have though I'd be screwed.

watson

Ready to race!
GF had a sun conure, it was from the zoo she is a keeper at (birds dept.). Lost its mate and they had him off display for a while since he over groomed himself then realized it was silly and said someone could take him so she did. Unfortunately he was getting old and when we moved a year ago he had a heart attack from the stress and died a few days later :(.

I like birds to look at but for some reason the noises to me are like nails on a chalkboard so I am glad she has decided not to bring anymore home. IF she saw that room you have though I'd be screwed.

Sorry to hear about the Sun Conure - I know how loud they can get, :eek: Sometimes when they go off at full volume...it is a little (lot) overwhelming! :p

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
That's pretty awesome. I've noticed them before in your youtube channel. My wife wants a solarium and loves birds, so she was super jealous when I showed her your vids. :)

Crazy bird man?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Did I see you on 5th downtown a little before 7 this AM?

Nope. I'm up at the cabin in NW Wisconsin right now. Coming home this afternoon. I'll be easier to spot after today — the summer wheels/tires are going on!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I know this is an "old" thread but I just wanted to say, awesome room for your birdies!

If I ever have birds, I'd like to make a little room like this so they can roam around a bit, instead of being caged up in a tiny cage. I feel bad when I see people having these birds as pets and the cage is barely big enough for it - that must be stressful for the bird(s), right?

Also, do you have names for them?