GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nikon D300 or Canon 40D?

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
So, after doing a bit of research, I found out that a refurb Nikon lens has a 90 day warranty, not a 5 year like a new lens. I figured if Nikon was afraid to stand behind it, I should be afraid to buy it. It wasn't that cheap either.

Looks like I'll be getting the Tokina after all.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Waddaya suggest? I'll have an 18-200, a 50 f/1.4 and the 12-24? I'm thinking a couple more primes. Then again, I think my wallet's tapped out for the short term though.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Yeah, a fast 85mm or 105mm would be good. My other thought was a fisheye, but I don't know how much I'd use it.

I forgot to mention that I do have a couple of manual focus Nikkors:
28 f/2.8 (sharp lens)
50 f/1.4 (doubt I'll use this as I have an AF one now)
105 f/2.5 (sharp lens, best bokeh ever, my fav lens)

BTW, checking the tracking info, I should get my D300 tomorrow. :w00t:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Shit if you have the AIS there is no reason to get the AF. I always use manual focus for macro anyway.

I'd go super zoom then. I just sold my 80-400mm VR. And I'm looking to get a 300mm f/2.8. :biggrin:

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
My old 105mm f/2.5 is AI-S, but it is not a "macro" lens per se. It is however, an excellent full-frame protrait lens. Can't wait to try it out on the D300. It's a bit longish for portraits, but we'll see.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
BTW, I pulled the trigger on the Tokina today. I'm pretty happy with the camera rig I've put together now. I'm itchin' for all the gear to arrive so I can play. The bulk of it, minus the Tokina, should arrive tomorrow. :happyanim: