GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Delusional is believing a single countries policies are responsible for a global shortage and price hike.

America may be cool, but we're not that cool. Not to mention isn't Biden launching an investigation into big oil profits during this price hike?

I'm neither Democrat or republican. Both are sides of the same coin and just can't see it. The shit people are willing to blame on Biden cause blue bad is hilarious and shows how inept and gullible the average American voter is.
You think the largest economy in the world doesn't impact other countries across the globe? Lol

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Reactions: WAP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1654880612998.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
likely correct. maybe i have more conservative friends on FB than liberal but the amount of shitty conservative memes is too damn high

most of the rhetoric is fucking retarded. "Oprah Winfrey wants to take my guns? Oh, I'll just hide them in a Salad Bowl"

Covering my ass, i don't 'identify' on either side of that isle by the way. They both suck in their extremes horribly

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
https://www.statista.com/statistics...import-origin-countries-to-united-kingdom-uk/

Crazy how they have rising prices too when they don't import the majority of their oil from us.

Keystone would have just supplied more Canadian oil and done nothing for US oil dependence on foreign countries. Canada has rising oil costs... crazy.

How did we cause this again?
Hahahaha, that's blatantly wrong. Keystone pipeline flows oil FROM Canada TO the US for NA markets.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yes. And Canada is currently fighting rising oil prices. I believe they're currently around 7 USD a gallon.

So what would that have solved?
Keystone pipeline = more oil for NA Markets (Canada is our largest single source of petroleum & oil btw)
NA Markets = US & Canada.
More supply = lower prices.
How much simpler do I need to make this?

It's the same thing with oil lease sales in Alaska

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Keystone pipeline = more oil for NA Markets (Canada is our largest single source of petroleum & oil btw)
NA Markets = US & Canada.
More supply = lower prices.
How much simpler do I need to make this?
We still import a majority from Canada. The pipeline wouldn't magically create more oil, nor would it keep refineries producing above demand for the past year.

Demand dropped around 60% over the last year and then rubberbanded back to normal.

Refineries are slow to ramp up production, either due to artificial price increasing reasons or other. This creates a higher demand than supply. This causes prices to go up and oil companies to rake in record profits.

What don't you understand? The shortage is because GLOBALLY production of petroleum products was down due to Covid and then shot back to normal consumption.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
We still import a majority from Canada. The pipeline wouldn't magically create more oil, nor would it keep refineries producing above demand for the past year.

Demand dropped around 60% over the last year and then rubberbanded back to normal.

Refineries are slow to ramp up production, either due to artificial price increasing reasons or other. This creates a higher demand than supply. This causes prices to go up and oil companies to rake in record profits.

What don't you understand? The shortage is because GLOBALLY production of petroleum products was down due to Covid and then shot back to normal consumption.
And what do you think the result will be of policies that hinder more production?