GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official College Football Smack-Talk Thread

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
I thought I would take the liberty of starting a thread for all of us college football fans, with the season now just around the corner.

Please chime in with your favorite team and perhaps your predictions for the upcoming year.

I'm looking for my Oklahoma Sooners to have a bounce-back year in 2006.

Bring it ! :clap:

Nikerey

Darkness
Dub Factor said:
I thought I would take the liberty of starting a thread for all of us college football fans, with the season now just around the corner.

Please chime in with your favorite team and perhaps your predictions for the upcoming year.

I'm looking for my Oklahoma Sooners to have a bounce-back year in 2006.

Bring it ! :clap:

Its all Gators, bleeding Orange and Blue here. Our team should be good this year, too bad our schedule is brutal. SEC is looking tough this year.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Ohio State Buckeyes all the way. Nothing but love for them over here. I believe they still have more players drafted into the NFL than any other college team (not that that means anything). But of course you'll get that from someone living in Ohio.:thumbup:

Should be a good year. Then again they always are. But what's someone living in Ill doing pulling for Oklahoma?:iono:

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
kirk180 said:
Should be a good year. Then again they always are. But what's someone living in Ill doing pulling for Oklahoma?:iono:

An excellent question - went to school there (1988-92), but job is here. As for your Bucks, I'm already looking forward to the showdown with Texas in Austin. Hopefully another classic like last year, and no magic from VY this year.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup: Don't you worry. I expect the Bucks to be there this year.

On a side note, do they even have the rankings out yet. To be honest I haven't looked for them. I'm still getting over the basketball (Cavs) season and FIFA WC.

I just seen an article somewhere that said since somewhere around 1971 many teams have been underrated by the initial rankings and not to pay them much attention. Oklahoma and Ohio State were both in this category. The most overrated team was Michigan.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Dub Factor said:
I have seen this ranking from Athlon, but there's nothing official about it.
And they have OU #1 which is nice for us, but not realistic with our youth. We need an O-Line to block for Peterson. I would have us in the top 10 but certainly not #1. We have a trip to Oregon in week 3 I think and Texas in October....

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/8701/preseason-top-25
Bucks no# 4. I'll take it.:thumbsup:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
go hokies!!!

with that ass clown vick gone, we are ready to go...our offense may suck, but the d is nasty :headbang:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
redGTI said:
The U. Big Canes fan. Hoping for an ACC title this year!!! :thumbsup:

U are becoming bigger chokers than we already are :thumbup:

eh...maybe we can both gang up on FSU this year...

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
redGTI said:
The U. Big Canes fan. Hoping for an ACC title this year!!! :thumbsup:

WOOT WOOT!!

CANES Fan here also...been a canes fan for as long as i can remember...actually i do remember....i remember going to the Orange Bowl as a young kid on Saturdays to watch UM and then back down to the OB again on Sunday to watch the Dolphins

after our little retooling of our WHOLE team...lol...i think we will be on the hunt for the ACC title...esp after our unforgivable lost to LSU in the bowl game last year

also i wanna make a comment...lets all be mature about this "smack talking"...i hate to see this thread turn into a "shit flinging" thread...im all for alittle bit of good ole let flame a gator or nole fan...but we dont want this thread locked

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
smp85 said:
U are becoming bigger chokers than we already are :thumbup:

eh...maybe we can both gang up on FSU this year...

haha...yea we sure as hell choked on something last season...after spanking VT we kinda just went downhill

but this season should be very interesting....we now have 12 teams in the ACC...so we get a play off game at the end of the season to see who is really the top dog

also the big power houses FSU,UM,VT,BC are all pretty equal IMO as far as retooling and new players...if anyone is in a losing position its UM...with a new coaching staff and no real stand outs on offense...thats not to say we dont have some play makers on both sides of the ball...its just going to be how everyone melds together....this season is gonna be some fun..lol

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
^ i hope it doenst come down to shit fligning either, just keep it to some good ole fashioned trash talk and we'll be fine...and yes the ACC is extremely tough up top, i know i'll be havin some fun this season at the Lane...we got 8 home games this year :headbang:

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
smp85 said:
^ i hope it doenst come down to shit fligning either, just keep it to some good ole fashioned trash talk and we'll be fine...and yes the ACC is extremely tough up top, i know i'll be havin some fun this season at the Lane...we got 8 home games this year :headbang:

Word up. Looking forward to a great thread, everyone.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ok...i have to come clean...who else is happy as a pig in shit as i am that i dont have to hear about frickin reggie bush and matt leinart?

i mean jebus last season i had to turn off espn and stuff cuz i got so sick of people talking about how matt and reggie are gods in college football...reggie is the best running back and matt the best QB

sorry SC fans...but Matt sucked...and Reggie was pretty good but there were other backs that were better

im glad texas whipped em

sorry i had to vent...lol