GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tattoo Thread

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
I have one tattoo on my thigh in memory of my father. I told myself I wasn't going to get any other tattoos since I was only getting this one for sentimental reasons. But now, a year and a half after my first one, I really want another one.

Im thinking something like this:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nice! Funny about the yakuza culture stuff lol. I want to get something similar to the ONI mask on my chest. I want to get a "Laugh Now, Cry Later" tattoo with masks.

You ride eh? I haven't owned a bike since I enlisted, but I used to ride. I had 2 CR 125's, 84 and 2002. Was about to upgrade to a 250 or 450CRF but then I decided it would be a waste if I was enlisting... Someday I'll have another one :D

Yeah I started riding when I was 5. Raced all thru high school in 250B, college boy mx, XC 2B in GNCC and AWRCs. I had a ton of fun and finished in the top three in my classes for local points the last 5 years I raced but then as things usually go I got hurt pretty bad and had to give it up. I've been riding mx and on the street since 13 months after the crash and currently own a CBR600RR but the tattoo is to remind me how lucky I am and of the day it happened. Not all of my friends from racing are so fortunate

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Ok, cool. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Just fill your artist in on your intentions, because a "just outline" tattoo doesn't usually look too good. So if you really need to decide between shading or having color instead..

I would suggest having your artist trace/draw your tattoo on you with as good as a marker shade job as he can do, to give you an idea of what a non color one would look like. That should help you decide to stay with black shade or go to color.

and @Jake.. I never raced long enough to get good enough to boast about, never got too great at being technical in the corners...

Mcflurvin

Ready to race!
Just fill your artist in on your intentions, because a "just outline" tattoo doesn't usually look too good. So if you really need to decide between shading or having color instead..

I would suggest having your artist trace/draw your tattoo on you with as good as a marker shade job as he can do, to give you an idea of what a non color one would look like. That should help you decide to stay with black shade or go to color.

and @Jake.. I never raced long enough to get good enough to boast about, never got too great at being technical in the corners...

When in doubt black and gray

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to do a themed leg sleeve, I just have no idea what theme I want. My first thought were my favorite Johnny Depp characters with scenery... Just because I think he is one of the best actors of our generation and he has played some awesome characters... but then I thought that might be a weee bit homo.. :lol:..

but :thumbsup: on your ink.. looks good.

Thanks. I'm still trying to find a good artist in germany that does good work cuz I'm dying for more

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
On my left shoulder blade, I have a Celtic cross filled with Celtic knots. Underneath and spanning from the two sides of the cross is a piece of parchment that has my dad's/my last name on one side and my mom's maiden name on the other. It represents both side of my family and my Irish background. I'll try to get a picture up sometime soon.

That's my only one, so far, that I got 4 years ago. Been wanting to do a half sleeve on my right arm for the longest time, but I haven't decided what to fill it with yet that would be meaningful enough to me to be permanent.

C4L

Banned
No pics but I have 2.

1 - on my upper back that is unfortunately a relatively generic tribal thing from freshman year of college.
2 - on my left forearm. It is a custom design of piano keys in a circle with a few notes around it (I play piano/drums).

I am eying a third one which would be some sort of custom earbud/headphone with cord design on my left arm as well. I like the idea of sticking with the music/instrument theme since it actually carries meaning for me.

Last edited:

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'm still trying to find a good artist in germany that does good work cuz I'm dying for more

Getting inked in Germany is costly! I got my whole sleeve paying German prices. I would have paid about $1000 less stateside, but I liked my artist and I really wanted it! Lol

2 - on my left forearm. It is a custom design of piano keys in a circle with a few notes around it (I play piano/drums).

You should get a pic, I'm curious about this one..

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have two. Will have to look for pics later.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
With the exception of that one Asian chick, I find tattoos on women as gross as them smoking cigarettes. I am personally against them myself, reminds me of some Simpsons where grandpa has the flying hell fish tattoo, and Bart calls it wrinkly gibberish.
Also think its comical to see old men with reaper tattoos on their fore arms.

More power to guys though, I'm sure I do shit you guys would consider stupid as well.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Resurrecting this thread for discussion purposes. I still have to get a better picture of my current tattoo that I posted about almost a year ago.

As feminine as it sounds, I've always loved flower tattoos. So after thinking about it for a few months, I decided what I'm doing for my half sleeve. I plan on getting the flower that represents the birth month for each of my family members. From a bit of research, I'll be looking at getting a Snowdrop for one of my sisters, a Primrose for myself, three Morning Glories for my brothers and dad, and two Narcissus (Narcissi?) for my mom and other sister. The plan is also to tie them all together with ivy to have it fill up a half sleeve.

When getting this half sleeve done, I will also be getting a small three letter word tattoo done as well. I haven't fully set on the location, but it'll say 'pax' which means peace in Latin. My late grandfather used to say it all the time. My sister already has it on her left forearm just below her elbow and I love it.

Idea for right now: leave Celtic cross in its current location (luls), floral half sleeve on my right arm, with PAX on my left ribcage.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Back

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Sub'd so I remember to post mine and my future plans.