GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OS Lion anyone?

VWTN

Ready to race!
Installed it on my 13'' mbp on release day. It's alright, I actually like the productivity/os improvements but seems to be less polished than normal apple releases.

As noted above there is a memory leak in Safari. Fine, I never use safari anyways! At least until Lion, where it works well it fullscreen, and chrome/fox don't seem to be as compatible yet with it. So I live with safari, and ads, and the memory leaks, for now.

Has anyone else switched from never using safari to now being the standard browser?

I was using FF. Safari just streamlined easier across all my iDevices and before this LION update, I had little to no complaints with Safari. Still run FF on my windows machines.

One thing I wish was available (maybe it is and I haven't seen it) is if I'm in a browsing session on my iMac or MPB that I could just pick up (tabs and everything) on my ipad or iphone. FF actually did this on iphone believe it or not.

sukanas1

Ready to race!
Played with it for a week, but I think it's over-hyped; just another way for Apple to milk its customers for every penny they have.

Just like how they come out with a new version of the iPod or iPad every week and the sheep run to the store because they must have the gimmicky extra feature or two.

30 dollars for the "ultimate" version.. sure beats windows 7 ultimate.
and complaining about new versions that refresh consistently once a year? what do you want them to do? update 2 years so that the old buyer's can have the latest version longer?
Oh, i guess lets not care about the people who buy an ipod 1.8 years later and see THEM complain about getting an outdated device.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT

One thing I wish was available (maybe it is and I haven't seen it) is if I'm in a browsing session on my iMac or MPB that I could just pick up (tabs and everything) on my ipad or iphone. FF actually did this on iphone believe it or not.

little confused on this. Are you trying to open up new tabs in safari without going to File> new tab?

VWTN

Ready to race!
Played with it for a week, but I think it's over-hyped; just another way for Apple to milk its customers for every penny they have.

Just like how they come out with a new version of the iPod or iPad every week and the sheep run to the store because they must have the gimmicky extra feature or two.

It's real hard to lose money on apple products. I've made money on every iphone upgrade. I buy the new one for $199 (even if you aren't "eligible" you can talk your provider into it.. I'm proof) and I sell the one I had for a year for hundreds of dollars profit. iPad is similar. My 16gb wifi iPad1 that I paid $499 for, I sold for $580 when 2 came out. I'd upgrade every month if I could play that game.

MBP prices are consistent as well. I see 2 year old units going for about $200 less than retail was. My windows computers, including my 17" envy, are worth pennies in 12 months.

VWTN

Ready to race!
little confused on this. Are you trying to open up new tabs in safari without going to File> new tab?

No no. I would like my browsing session to mirrored across my devices meaning: If I have the golfmk6 forums open here on my imac, when I turn my ipad and open safari, I'd like for it to be there as well.

sukanas1

Ready to race!
MBP prices are consistent as well. I see 2 year old units going for about $200 less than retail was. My windows computers, including my 17" envy, are worth pennies in 12 months.

thanks for bringing that up. my core 2 duo mbp was 2k (this was 4 years ago). Sold for 800 last week. Although its not as nice as your situation, core 2 duo laptops today sell for 300-500.

VWTN

Ready to race!
thanks for bringing that up. my core 2 duo mbp was 2k (this was 4 years ago). Sold for 800 last week. Although its not as nice as your situation, core 2 duo laptops today sell for 300-500.

I would have guessed 4 year old $2000 retail windows machines would be selling for much less than $300. Even that seems strong.

$800 for a 4 year old MBP, I believe it. :thumbsup: