GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Overkill or not

ukdub

Test Pilot
Do you think that getting the KW v3 coilovers are a bit of an overkill for road use. They cost around £850 (British pounds) before fitting. Would I be better getting some Koni FSD's with some Eibach springs and putting the difference in price towards the Quaife ATB diff.

What would be the better set up?

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
Worth every penny my friend!

Over kill for the street would be KW Clubsports.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
I have KW V2's. I love em! Perfect for the street!

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Do you think that getting the KW v3 coilovers are a bit of an overkill for road use. They cost around £850 (British pounds) before fitting. Would I be better getting some Koni FSD's with some Eibach springs and putting the difference in price towards the Quaife ATB diff.

What would be the better set up?

I would go with option 2. You don't really need coils for everyday road use. Then again you don't really need the quaife. Then again no one really needs any of this, so ya, go with option 2 lol. I'm personally doing the second option. Its all about finding the right balance of what you want. My suspension is stock right now, but I drove a fsd + eibach setup and it was a big improvement. The car I drove had stock bars too. Add a couple of sway bars, find the right balance for your style of driving, and the car will feel golden.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^:word:
I have that setup with the stock sway bars and IMO the feel is great. Once I add BSH's RSB it should be perfect (for me).

Granted I don't plan to track/auto-x my GTI at all, have no need for adjustability and prefer a compliant ride for these crappy PA roads.