• T-Mobile

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Dude123

Oval Champion
Hello,

I am in the process of choosing a new cell phone provider. Currently I have Verizon, but I am planning on changing that up. Please vote in the poll and tell me why you've chosen your choice.

Thanks

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
it depends on where you live, reception for each service provider changes from town to town.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
true. at least verizon is very reliable anywhere on the east coast, it was still pretty good for me when i traveled out in the mid-west, only place i've been to where it really sucks is out in south dakota, montana and such...if you live out there go with cingular

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
go on what ever service provider you choose go to their web site and most of them have a place to enter our zip and get the coverage in your area, thats how i chose mine.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
it depends on where you live, reception for each service provider changes from town to town.

EXACTLY -- Verizon is king in the north east region. i have both my personal phone and my blackberry on verizon and they work underground, on the boat - everywhere

i don't know how to do it. but try to find out who owns the most towers and antennas in your region and i would assume, that that would tell you, who will give you the best service.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Ive had sprint for about 6-7 years and they are great. I get service anywhere and I rarely drop a call.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
^^^ your also in florida, your lucky cause its all flat.

up north we have mountiains, and hills and valley's where calls cut out.. its a nightmare here, with any other provider other than verizon

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
Honestly, here in Illinois, your best bet is going to be Cingular or Verizon, with more emphasis on Verizon if you live in the northern half of the state, which you do. Sprint is great...if you live in a city or along an interstate and never leave said areas. However, if you use a lot of data services, Cingular may be better, especially since you are in the Rockford/Chicago corridor. You would actually have access to Cingular's 3G network, which is somewhat faster than Verizon's and way faster than Sprint's network. Like others have said, shop around, each provider has perks (As well as huge weaknesses). My work phone is Cingular and my personal phone is Verizon, so I can definitely see where both sides work well here in IL.

bilbos

On the Kop
I used to be with Verizon but left due to the high monthly charges.

I am a very low volume user and Verizon didn't have a plan to suit me so I changed to Virgin Pay-as-you-go, which has been more than adequate for my needs.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
verizon FTW, had verizon, hated their customer service and then switched to nextel/sprint for a year and got the worst reception ever.. been back on verizon for 2 years now, customer service is much better, and you can't beat the reception.

Dude123

Oval Champion
Honestly, here in Illinois, your best bet is going to be Cingular or Verizon, with more emphasis on Verizon if you live in the northern half of the state, which you do. Sprint is great...if you live in a city or along an interstate and never leave said areas. However, if you use a lot of data services, Cingular may be better, especially since you are in the Rockford/Chicago corridor. You would actually have access to Cingular's 3G network, which is somewhat faster than Verizon's and way faster than Sprint's network. Like others have said, shop around, each provider has perks (As well as huge weaknesses). My work phone is Cingular and my personal phone is Verizon, so I can definitely see where both sides work well here in IL.

Thanks. I was leaning towards Cingular because they are an excellent provider plus have the phone I want, the Samsung Sync.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
i got nextel and i basically hate it reception wise, but i have it because instead of spending minutes on the phone i have the direct connect and its unlimited. I only have 300mins but never went over for the past 3yrs because of the walkie talkie feature
i voted cingular because my dad has it and the reception is amazing on the phone and the plans are decently priced and they offer him pretty good deals on phones from time to time

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
i got nextel and i basically hate it reception wise, but i have it because instead of spending minutes on the phone i have the direct connect and its unlimited. I only have 300mins but never went over for the past 3yrs because of the walkie talkie feature
i voted cingular because my dad has it and the reception is amazing on the phone and the plans are decently priced and they offer him pretty good deals on phones from time to time

My firen djust got the new nextels which support BOTH Nextel and Sprint networks, he said its amazing dude, hes right over the TZ in rockland, but service is so similar.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
cingular is terrible here. my gf had it and she had very few calls that werent dropped