GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem changing gears in 'D' only?

jsof

Ready to race!
Last week i got the APR stage 1 UCE done, Installed carbionio CAI and changed my DV to revision 'D'.

a few days later i noticed my car was performing poor in 'D' only.
When it changes gear at about mid 3000+ revs it kind of clunks and loses power for a split second, then keeps going again. doesnt feel healthy at all!

What i find weird is i dont have this problem at all when in 'S' or trip tronic...

sorry i dont have a VAG-COM, so if someone can help me with the above information that would be greatly appreciated.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Could just be the power band when the car wants to change gears in "D". If your going to drive with a heavy foot then you don't want to use "D" for DSG's

jsof

Ready to race!
I dont usually drive heavy footed in 'D'.. but sometimes on the road you have to put the foot down for one reason or another..

What does driving hard in 'D' do in DSG's? i didnt know that was an issue?

I wouldnt think it's a powerband issue, as it doesnt happen at high revs, if anything at the very high revs it doesnt happen. Its got me puzzled.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The DSG doesn't downshift aggressively enough in "D" because it is optimized for gas mileage. There is a freeway exit on my way to the office that is followed by an incline on a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic, and the DSG is one gear too high going up the hill unless I punch it or give it a hint with the paddle shifter to take it down a gear. If I am in "S" where it holds the gears longer, there is also no problem.

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
There are a few other posts about this happening primarily when the engine is cold (not fully warmed up).

I have APR Stage I (4 years now) and experienced this myself a few times, typically when the situation requires a quick acceleration into traffic on a cold engine. I don't believe it has ever happened when the engine is warm.

When I encounter a situation that requires a quick acceleration into traffic, I typically shift to "M" and shift manually until I am in the flow of traffic and then switch back to "D".

jsof

Ready to race!
Yeh, something similar used to happen to me when i was stock and engine was cold. but as you said never got it when it was warmed up...

Now, my problem happenes even with a warm engine, and it will happen from 1st-2nd / 2nd-3rd and sometimes 3rd-4th. could it possibly be the new DV wasnt installed properly? or faulty?.. or maybe even a cam follower issue?

Either way ill take it in this weekend if i can, and ill let you guys know the verdict. thanks for the help!