GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rain sensor

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Hi my rain sensor doesn`t work can someone tell me were are the fuse for this sensor located?

You most likely don't have one. If you don't have an auto dimming rearview mirror then you don't have a rain sensor.

If you do have an auto dimming rearview mirror then make sure your headlight switch is set to the auto-lights position

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
You most likely don't have one. If you don't have an auto dimming rearview mirror then you don't have a rain sensor.

If you do have an auto dimming rearview mirror then make sure your headlight switch is set to the auto-lights position

What does the headlight switch have to do with either?

For the rain sensing wipers, I believe there's a setting on the wiper control stalk.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
What does the headlight switch have to do with either?

For the rain sensing wipers, I believe there's a setting on the wiper control stalk.

... For some reason I thought the auto wipers only came on when the headlight switch was in the auto position.

Now that I think about that it sounds ridiculous and Im probably wrong...

stenger944

Gti Guy
Car(s)
09 Mkv GTI
... For some reason I thought the auto wipers only came on when the headlight switch was in the auto position.

Now that I think about that it sounds ridiculous and Im probably wrong...

No, I'm fairly certain you're correct. The windshield wipers must be in auto, as well as the headlight switch. Also, for US spec cars the option must be turned on in Vag-com.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Why for the love of God do you need to have your auto wipers activated WITH auto headlights? So when it gets dark and the lights come on, somehow we're expecting rain? When you go through tunnels what happens there?

My rain sensing wipers are activated simply by putting the wipers on auto position. Auto headlight function is again activated by putting it on auto position and has nothing to do with the rain sensing wipers whatsoever. Glad my car isn't US spec.

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
Auto headlight function is again activated by putting it on auto position and has nothing to do with the rain sensing wipers whatsoever

Truth.

The auto headlights, auto wipers, and auto dimming mirror are all part of the same convenience package, but that is all they share. They're all independently operated. I've got a Euro switch in my R without auto lights, and my auto wipers work just fine.