GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tesla event tonight is Incredible.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I can't wait for this technology to become cost effective.

Tesla's are badass, and one running 8s stock would be incredible on the street.

The acceleration of a bike in a stock roadster? Dear God yes.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I can't wait for this technology to become cost effective.

Tesla's are badass, and one running 8s stock would be incredible on the street.

The acceleration of a bike in a stock roadster? Dear God yes.

I doubt either of us will live long enough for the roadster to be the price of an R.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
200k for that roadster is shy of double the price of the model s p100...

The speed is difficult to comprehend. I drove a p85 once and it was unlike anything ever. h
However the 620 miles on one charge is, IMO, even more crazy.

I hope they don’t hit any snags in production that delay release of that roadster. I hope to by rich by then. :D

I will say, it’s “half steering wheel” seems odd and potentially dangerous. Wonder if that will change before it goes to market.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I thought the picture in video was rig only. No trailer.
With that much torque 0-60 wonder how they will keep the wheels from spinning in the tires. Also the truck show only 4 drive Wheels, so they are using super singles. Less tire on ground so 0-60 runs at these speeds will be hard on tires.

All we need are faster trucks.
Just drove along side loaded semi's doing 70mph through Tennessee mountains.
Will be nice when they are passing me when I am doing 80.

I know what you mean. Just got back from visiting my sister in NC, and drove thru Tenn on my way. Beautiful country, and mostly enjoyed the drive..however:
I know it isn't truckers' fault, because they are just trying to maintain a decent avg speed, but damn, we are always dodging these fckers one way or another. You want to set the cruise on 70 or whatever, and they come roaring up on your ass on the downhill, then they pass you, get in front of you, then they do 45 up the next hill, forcing you to pass 'em again. Ad infinitum.

At least with a Tesla truck, they can do 65 uphill, if Musk is on the level...or even if he's on a 5% grade :) The real fun begins when AI starts driving these monsters. There is bound to be a screw up with any new tech. Let's hope we are not in the vicinity when this happens. Nobody wants 80,000 pounds coming at them with AI having a programming error :eek:

Anyway, it will be 10 years minimum before there are any noticeable numbers of Tesla trucks on the road, at least from an individual driver's standpoint. Truckers already have so much sunk cost in their diesel rigs, and Tesla can't make enough cars to meet the demand, let alone trucks. I don't see how the hell he is going to do all that, but that's a subject for another thread.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
IThe acceleration of a bike in a stock roadster? Dear God yes.

"Dear God yes" :D

I doubt either of us will live long enough for the roadster to be the price of an R.

Just live long enuf to buy an electric R. 0-60 in 2.x -drive the hell out of it! Then die.

I hope they don’t hit any snags in production that delay release of that roadster. I hope to by rich by then. :D

I will say, it’s “half steering wheel” seems odd and potentially dangerous. Wonder if that will change before it goes to market.

I admire your positive thinking. Great things can happen! If all else fails, just work, save and invest wisely :) although better to have rich Uncles, lottery wins, or get hit by flying suitcases of cash from fleeing bank robbers.

Yes, I wondered about that steering wheel. In fact, while the minimalist ethic is fitting in that type of car, it still looked a bit too "blank", or something. Could learn to live with it tho...

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
It's absolutely wild to be honest. And something like this will probably be under $50k in a decade.

That would be a dangerous proposition if the powers that be would allow this to happen, but I'll take one LOL :cool:.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Whoa, those specs are insane... I've been thinking for a while about how electric has the potential to achieve the theoretical optimum that a car can, but I figured you'd need some kind of liquid nitrogen cooled superconducting battery and motor setup. It seems the Muskinator has managed this with just conventional technologies that exist today. Unless of course he invents a time machine in the future and has brought all of the technologies from then to now, which might be the more probable scenario. I wonder how much that thing weighs, it's got to be at least 4000 lbs with that many batteries, but it seems not to matter at all.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
As the tree hugger crowd takes over why would they let you have an electric car and super car performance. With greater performance comes grater energy usage which means more resources used. Why would they not cap performance in the goal of less resources used? Less power consumer and better mpg equivalent

And it would be just like 'em to do that very thing. However, there is hope. Here is a guy I follow on Youtube, maybe you've heard of him? He has figured out the reason for why a lot of stuff is happening. The video is 8 minutes long, but worth it if you want to arm yourself with knowledge to defend your future rights. Hint: Certain products car guys must NOT allow their offspring to consume. Of course, the same junk is apparently also in most cow's milk. I drink Almond milk...no bad things in it. Took awhile to get used to the taste.

Ok, there is some humor in the video, and the causes are bound to be a lot more complex, still...everyone watch when you have a chance. I assume the video will not offend anyone on this forum, by the very fact that your ON this forum, and you own some model of turbocharged Golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSvLKY7HEk&t=97s

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Whoa, those specs are insane... I've been thinking for a while about how electric has the potential to achieve the theoretical optimum that a car can, but I figured you'd need some kind of liquid nitrogen cooled superconducting battery and motor setup. It seems the Muskinator has managed this with just conventional technologies that exist today. Unless of course he invents a time machine in the future and has brought all of the technologies from then to now, which might be the more probable scenario. I wonder how much that thing weighs, it's got to be at least 4000 lbs with that many batteries, but it seems not to matter at all.

Say...Musk from the future. With him, that seems quite possible! :D
Yeah, I've been wondering about the batteries in the roadster too. Plus, the car is small. Maybe he and his team have made some advancements they are not yet sharing (Back To The Future!!) ?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
And it would be just like 'em to do that very thing. However, there is hope. Here is a guy I follow on Youtube, maybe you've heard of him? He has figured out the reason for why a lot of stuff is happening. The video is 8 minutes long, but worth it if you want to arm yourself with knowledge to defend your future rights. Hint: Certain products car guys must NOT allow their offspring to consume. Of course, the same junk is apparently also in most cow's milk. I drink Almond milk...no bad things in it. Took awhile to get used to the taste.

Ok, there is some humor in the video, and the causes are bound to be a lot more complex, still...everyone watch when you have a chance. I assume the video will not offend anyone on this forum, by the very fact that your ON this forum, and you own some model of turbocharged Golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSvLKY7HEk&t=97s

Great, now I can't eat Soy!
But can I still go shopping?

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Great, now I can't eat Soy!
But can I still go shopping?

Well, you & I could eat soy, because we are already too Manly. It wouldn't affect us. But those snowflakes...you know...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
At this rate we'll have an electric Golf R before an electric-assist turbocharger.

I would like an electric turbo.
I think the electic turbo will be in all cars long before we are all driving all electric. Quick spool up and less cost to produce turbo to withstand heat.

Stock tip.
Honeywell makes most turbo blades and units.
Doing well.
Turbo everything. Then I can early retire.

https://static.seekingalpha.com/upl...MrGigrFsA8aHoDjhhn68jKVgoZurGSw45oxdKM2hp.png

Last edited: