GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

Myfast_GTI

Super User

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
A reprimand for Hambone? Ridiculous. Seb was clearly ahead of him in the pit lane and already on the “fast” lane when Lewis decided to risk the lives of other mechanics had they been working in the pit lane. He would have clipped their ankles.

Lewis had to give way at pit out or he would have crashed into the safety cars! And since Seb was already in the fast lane he had no reason to move over, he can use as much of the lane as he wishes, just like having position on track.

I was starting to turn the corner on Lewis but after todays hooligan antics that will not be happening.

Button said it was a good choice not luck that helped him win today, he needs to look up the definition of luck.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
They've been talking about it for a few weeks now and I HOPE they do it. It just makes sense to have it near the largest metropolitan area in the country. It makes sense from a ticket sales standpoint and a sponsorship standpoint. Do you think foreign fans are more likely to venture to Indiana or NYC? It just makes sense... and is only about 40 minutes from me!!!!!

sullwe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
well its a good thing that they decided against it, even though it was because of "environmental" issues...

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I'm super super mad at myself that I never went to the USGP when it as @ Indy as I only lived about 5 hours away at the time.

It looks like the new USGP contract as a long one so I have a few years to fit a USGP into my plans. I'm not a huge F1 fan, but a race nut! I cannot die having not seen a F1 race or two.

Myfast_GTI

Super User
^^^ It was cool that F1 was at Indy, but the track was boring to me. As long as the new circuit at Austin isn't as wide as and eight lane super highway, then it should be good. Rumor is that the land they have their eyes on is rather hilly, and building a circuit that fits the natural contours of the land is always a plus.

Now... as for todays race... I don't know what Vettel was thinking. Sure he wanted to get around Webber, but there is nothing more ridiculous than to crash out your own car with a team mate.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
^^^ It was cool that F1 was at Indy, but the track was boring to me. As long as the new circuit at Austin isn't as wide as and eight lane super highway, then it should be good. Rumor is that the land they have their eyes on is rather hilly, and building a circuit that fits the natural contours of the land is always a plus.

Now... as for todays race... I don't know what Vettel was thinking. Sure he wanted to get around Webber, but there is nothing more ridiculous than to crash out your own car with a team mate.

Yeah, taking an oval and making an F1 course out of it is not the most ideal way to do it, but a cool venue because of the history.

The circuit in TX should be a good once considering is it being built specifically for F1