GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Calling Max - What's the difference between the OEM and the aftermarket euroswitches for the MK7 you guys sell, is the quality difference noticeable?

Not really noticeable, I'd go non-OEM if it were my car.

Does your car support the Auto function? I just put a stock light switch back in mine since my S model doesn't support Auto and turning the switch to that position would cause a fault. I don't really see the appeal of the Euro switch on mine, at least not as much as I did on the MKV, since this car doesn't use the HIDs for DRL.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Good deal.

And how do you feel about this?
Miss it a bit, but super stoked for the new ride.
too many issues with it? Whats the DD now?
Yeah didn't really trust it all that much, plus I wanted something more practical. Picked up a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Does your car support the Auto function? I just put a stock light switch back in mine since my S model doesn't support Auto and turning the switch to that position would cause a fault. I don't really see the appeal of the Euro switch on mine, at least not as much as I did on the MKV, since this car doesn't use the HIDs for DRL.

If you don't have auto lights, there is a different non-auto euro switch available.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

Yeah I've got auto headlights, do you still have your switch because if you do I'll buy it from you

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah I've got auto headlights, do you still have your switch because if you do I'll buy it from you

Unfortunately, I do not. I didn't like that the car was throwing a fault, so my dealer hooked me up with a free stock switch, but I had to surrender the Euro one to them. I'm assuming they submitted it as a warranty claim or something along the lines of "wrong switch installed from factory" since it had a VW part number on it.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Unfortunately, I do not. I didn't like that the car was throwing a fault, so my dealer hooked me up with a free stock switch, but I had to surrender the Euro one to them. I'm assuming they submitted it as a warranty claim or something along the lines of "wrong switch installed from factory" since it had a VW part number on it.

sonofa

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Christmas came late.

Still waiting on the 034 Motorsport strut mounts and strut bearings.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Nice DRZ. My poor bike is in my dad's garage in PA and gets ridden about once a year.

Yeah that thing is a blast, it's an S model converted to the SM. I've got a new exhaust and carb sitting on the shelf next to it waiting to go on.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Huge pictures batman.... What made you pick the SRF brake fluid? That shit's expensive.