GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
new revision. I've already done 6 swaps. Takes about 6 hours because they bury it in the valley of the "V" of the block underneath the intake manifold/EGR cooler

OH god, like the 6.0 power choke? The real question is how hard is it going to be to do and EGR and DPF delete on them?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
OH god, like the 6.0 power choke? The real question is how hard is it going to be to do and EGR and DPF delete on them?

yeah, just like the Fords. All emissions deleted should be relatively easy. Injectors are a PITA to replace but they also put the pump in the V so its not too horrible to get at

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Yep

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
On a related note, it looks like my wife and I will be moving to Atlanta in a couple of weekends.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I need to move too. Almost every singe time I go to the Kroger thats 3 blocks from my house, I see someone with an ankle bracelet. There are 4 abandoned houses in my neighborhood and I'm pretty sure the people across the street are drug dealers

Yikes. Crazy to think that too since you're not far from the university at all, but then again, it is Indianapolis and like most larger cities, they all have their issues.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
On a related note, it looks like my wife and I will be moving to Atlanta in a couple of weekends.

Atlanta isnt bad, better than anywhere in Florida I bet. How's the forecast for next week? They're trying to get me to go down Tuesday but i'm not sure where the hurricane is exactly and if Jacksonville was spared

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Atlanta isnt bad, better than anywhere in Florida I bet. How's the forecast for next week? They're trying to get me to go down Tuesday but i'm not sure where the hurricane is exactly and if Jacksonville was spared

I believe we're in the clear. Bunch of rain, but I think it's all passed. Truthfully, I wasn't really paying that close of attention to it haha.

Yeah, it gives us both more options career-wise. We are moving for a much better opportunity for her. My work is going to let me be a consultant from home for a few months while we get everything settled.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I do 3D art for a military training/simulation company. I'll be doing the same thing from home for a while, but the end goal is to either work in a game studio or teach digital media at a university.