GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
This is true. Last spring before SoWo I replaced the outer CV boot on the passenger axle, both ball joints, both front sway bar endlinks. The rear sway bar endlinks are newer too.

Next step is replace the trans, peloquin LSD, get a different Southbend clutch disc and a new pressure plate, resurface the flywheel, buy an H&R FSB, Tyrolsport subframe bushing kit, Superpro anti lift kit, and then the suspension bushings. Eventually upgrade to Multipro R1 coilovers as well though that can still wait.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well I blew it up in October lol. I still want a ZO6 but I already derped with negative equity rolled onto the Mazda 3. Can't justify 35-40k on a ZO6 plus the fact that I can't leave anything stock.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I recently worked for an older guy who had a Z06, said he took a 3 day class in Arizona on how to properly drive it :iono:

I guess when you have all the time in the world, why not?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well C5's from what I understand are fairly forgiving. C6Z's (2006-2013), not so much. High limits, but not much warning when they hit said limit. A lot of it is the stupid Goodyear F1 Supercar RFT's they used. Things improved in the later years with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Regardless, dat LS7, 3150lbs. Winning combo.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Drag strip. Missed third a couple of times and ground it badly. Syncro has been on its way out for awhile now I think. Well 5 miles from home that night I go to downshift to third approaching a light and it felt weird. Then I heard it grind. Go to 4th. 4th is basically neutral. Thinking I fucked up the shift fork. Who knows what else is bad. Bought a new trans for not too bad of a price.