GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
So anyone from the Northern Illinois area been to the Galena Territory? Supposed to be great for driving. My dad told me about it a few months ago, and Jalopnik just posted about it yesterday

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-best-driving-road-ever-in-illinois-1651802709

Still feel like Tail of the Dragon would be a bit more fun/roadtrip-ish, but I'm definitely gonna go check this out sometime soon.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So anyone from the Northern Illinois area been to the Galena Territory? Supposed to be great for driving. My dad told me about it a few months ago, and Jalopnik just posted about it yesterday

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-best-driving-road-ever-in-illinois-1651802709

Still feel like Tail of the Dragon would be a bit more fun/roadtrip-ish, but I'm definitely gonna go check this out sometime soon.

posted in your other thread about it. I also rented scooters while I was there, good times.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
So, I went to a last minute concert last night, fucking sweet show. Much better than I expected.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
So, I went to a last minute concert last night, fucking sweet show. Much better than I expected.

who'd you see?

EDIT: nevermind, saw on FB. That's a weird lineup...those genres of music are not even kind of related...Matty Mullins is amazing though. Who did you like better/who put on a better show?

Last edited:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
who'd you see?

EDIT: nevermind, saw on FB. That's a weird lineup...those genres of music are not even kind of related...Matty Mullins is amazing though. Who did you like better/who put on a better show?

Lol that's what everyone says, and that's exactly why they did it. Apparently they became friends durring warped tour. They both put on an awesome show, but MMF fucking killed it.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
haha Yellowcard and MMF. That's actually pretty sweet.

Yeah it really was awesome. It was a treat for me since I listen to so much different music. The girl I took ran in to someone she knew from school, and it was litterally the best thing ever. It was right after Emerosa played and before MMF went on. He was some sorta nerdy super preppy dude who came just to see Yellowcard, he was talking about how he wasn't a huge fan of the first band and had never heard of them or MMF. But that wasn't really his style... well as soon as MMF came on, he looked SO uncomfortable, and even a little scared :lol::lol:

CKGTI

Ready to race!
i hate when movies exaggerate.

literally an army of nazi's died so quickly. and they all had horrible aim / were unable to kill 5 guys.

just like the stormtroopers in star wars.

True - I could have agreed with a better final battle. It should have been fairly easy for at least one panzerfaust to skirt the turret - manual turrets on a sherman tank would have been super slow. The first guy to go around the building to the back of the tank would've ended it.

Also I played World of Tanks for almost a year - it's a great game and taught me a lot about tanks. I highly recommend if you enjoyed this movie.

The best part imo was when they came across the Tiger. Shermans (pre-firefly ) were hopelessly underpowered against this tank that the US strategy on encountering one was to send 4 shermans one way to sacrifice and the fifth sherman to go the other way to get to the tiger's ass.

Scary thing is that at that timeframe (1945), the Tiger was pretty much obsolete too.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
That was my favorite part of the movie!

I basically loved it minus the last battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.