GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
In all seriousness I wish I had the spare funds to buy it off of you. Would make a great summer driver/project. Maybe swap the saab engine into it and put a big turbo on?

I posted in saabcentral today, think I found my answer. I have a later production trans, apparently they switched brackets in 2002. I needed a different trans bracket for the front trans mount anyway, looks like it will fix both trans mounts as long as the mounting points for the transmission case are the same. Pic I posted is basically a zoomed in version of this without the mount on:

Ah, that makes sense.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Question for the car guru's(OMM/Terry). My sister needs her tie-rod's replaced. Do I need a special tool for that to pull out that bolt or can I just use something else? Other then that it's a pretty easy/straight forward job.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Question for the car guru's(OMM/Terry). My sister needs her tie-rod's replaced. Do I need a special tool for that to pull out that bolt or can I just use something else? Other then that it's a pretty easy/straight forward job.

You can use it helps but not necessary, I mostly just use a hammer. Can't hurt it, its already broke. Sometimes its seized in there pretty good tho and got to break out the big guns. BFH

Subie2013

Humble yourself
You can use it helps but not necessary, I mostly just use a hammer. Can't hurt it, its already broke. Sometimes its seized in there pretty good tho and got to break out the big guns. BFH
What about getting the new one on, do I need to torque it to spec or just snug it up real good?

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
+1 for hammer.

Usually I just snug them down nice and tight, as long as the taper holds you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.