GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I do too, just acura's relavance to the car market has always baffled me. They made a good go at it, and it was pretty unsucessful the past 10 or so years. The only new acuras I ever see are TSX's and once and a while one of their SUV's. Like....what did Honda do wrong with Acura that Toyota did right with lexus? Never made sense to me. So I'll say 'For the money, i'd look elsewhere".

Come visit Chicagoland. Acura's are everywhere. Not so many RL's, but TSX's, TL's, MDX's, RDX's, you name it. And FWIW, I'd still consider an 06 style 6MT TL Type S.

Now, I'm going to see if I can find one.:lol:

I think theres a good chance of them throwing a hail mary to try and save the ailing lincoln brand all while trying to 'relaunch' its image. Same thing Cadillac is desperately trying to do.

Cadillac has succeeded I'd say. They're now building better handling cars (ATS and CTS) than BMW is. BMW has lost their touch IMO. Audi and Cadillac are the ones to buy if you're looking for a good handling, top notch car. MB still has their comfort and luxury, and if you want insanity, you go with an AMG.

Not particularly crazy about all wheel steering. I have yet to drive a car with it.

I'd like to. I've driven those old Denali Sierra's in a parking lot before that had it; it's trippy.

A lot of cars have it now though. A few Acura models, the new 911, and I'm sure a couple others I can't think of off the top of my head.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Also, with all this house talk. Do you think it'd be weird to have a "house build" thread in the off topic section on here? I'm debating on it since I have a lot of before/after pictures.

Hell, I don't even have a car build thread because yeah, I've lost track of everything over over 7 years.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Also, with all this house talk. Do you think it'd be weird to have a "house build" thread in the off topic section on here? I'm debating on it since I have a lot of before/after pictures.

Hell, I don't even have a car build thread because yeah, I've lost track of everything over over 7 years.

No, I like seeing home renovations. I wish people would post more in the "pictures of your garage" thread

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
No one else thinks its cool,

But I got a free car today.

Just now saw the Dynasty. I'd take it. 2.5, 6G72 or 3.3L?
Clean it up and drive the fuck out of it. My grandma had one when it was still relatively new. Got pissed when my grampa traded it in for a Concorde. She thought it was bizarre the Concorde had no ash trays in the back doors and hated the console shifter, lol.

I think Blaine is jealous of your mesh wheels.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

do it. Its basically going to turn into the "other OT" since this site is so dead, but i'll participate

I would but.... Indiana

Same crap as what I'm dealing with in Illinois

but cheaper and not as crowded

Clean it up and drive the fuck out of it. My grandma had one when it was still relatively new. Got pissed when my grampa traded it in for a Concorde. She thought it was bizarre the Concorde had no ash trays in the back doors and hated the console shifter, lol.

dem meshies doe

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
On the real though, I'm fucking stoked that the niners are moving to San Jose. That's gonna make the downtown such a crazy place on game day. Now that I'm single I'm looking forward to college a LOT more.

Single life is awesome. I do whatever the fuck I want! I've seen my friends more in the last 2 weeks than in the precious 2 months I think.

It's def a good thing you're starting off at a big university single. Good job.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
if you wanted to DIY it maybe. Parts shoudlnt be too hard to find, the only shitty part might be that rear quarter. What are they going for with that kind of mileage?

$9-10K I would pay a shop to do the quater and do the rest myself cheap. Even if it didn't match color wise. Might not even paint the quarter.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla

There is a home improvement thread in this section.

Used to be active. Dead lately

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Its the 3.3. I have no experience with it, don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I've never even so much have sat in one of these old dodges other than a buddy briefly having an acclaim. But I ordered a whole slew of refresh parts and it was only $150. So I got that going for me which is good.

I haven't seen inside of it really yet because

But I did check the floorboards, and theres no rust anywhere. Saggy headliner but thats an easy fix. Needs a set of tires too. :iono: I don't see whats so wrong with it. Its a free car. Once I get to working on it and clean it up, it won't be so bad.

I do think you're right though and blaines just jelly of my Dynasty on RS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.