GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
ok i have a crack in the upper portion of my euro spec r rear. i cant find JUST the top portion of the r rear anywhere. Now a couple people i spoke to that work at body shops told me two different things one said that fixing the crack would be no problem the other said it would be repairable but wouldnt be the same and "be weak an perhaps crack again if someone taps it". OBVS IT WONT BE THE SAME! but my question is fixing plastic isnt that similar to shaving a front bumper you're pretty much just filling it simply put. what do you think i should do?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
ok i have a crack in the upper portion of my euro spec r rear. i cant find JUST the top portion of the r rear anywhere. Now a couple people i spoke to that work at body shops told me two different things one said that fixing the crack would be no problem the other said it would be repairable but wouldnt be the same and "be weak an perhaps crack again if someone taps it". OBVS IT WONT BE THE SAME! but my question is fixing plastic isnt that similar to shaving a front bumper you're pretty much just filling it simply put. what do you think i should do?

Nope, don't just want to "fill" it you actually want to plastic weld it. Its an easy repair to make if you find some one who knows what they're doing. As long as its like like 15" long you'll be straight.

What your looking for is some one who can plastic weld, and does it frequently.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I tried plastic welding in autobody class once. Thought It would be easy. Boy was I wrong. Really does take some talent.

AdvanSuper

Banned
I weld plastic. I once took an iron to my plastic toy chest when I was 5 :lol:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK