GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
later brotha, I'm just happy that I even have said options in an economy as this one. My mind is mostly made up. Hello work from home and big pay bump :))))

Work from home is epic man, congrats. I'm beginning my search for a new job after Christmas, hoping my MBA pays itself off.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
Work from home is epic man, congrats. I'm beginning my search for a new job after Christmas, hoping my MBA pays itself off.

Yeh I'm super excited. Going from 100% on the road to an occasional trip and mostly work from home, it's going to be glorious. I can finally go for my MBA now that I'm not on the road the whole time haha.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
all the way down!?

This thread has a lot of pics on how low they can go. My goal is probably 10mm higher overall that this guy. He's 3 threads up front and 5 in the rear so I'm thinking 5-6 up front and 6-7 in the rear. Will know more when springs settle I guess.

Yeh I'm super excited. Going from 100% on the road to an occasional trip and mostly work from home, it's going to be glorious. I can finally go for my MBA now that I'm not on the road the whole time haha.

I make $35k where I work now which is fine for another few months but I just finished my MBA in May and the only reason I haven't started job hunting yet is mostly me doing them a favor and hoping for a huge Christmas bonus. Then I'm going to politely start the hunt anew. Even in this economy I think an MBA and a good resume should net me at LEAST a $50k job, maybe a tad more.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
8380s are legit.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

They rode VERY VERY smooth on my way home. The only exception was one huge pothole and it hit a little harsh but about the same as stock would have felt. I took one corner that I normally take at 45 at about 55 and the car felt absolutely GLUED to the pavement so I have high hopes for them. :biggrin:

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I don't believe the 100mm drop of.tho of those coils.

The only way they're getting 100mm is from a 06'-07' GTI at stock heigh/stock tires and going completely spun down on a 17" rim/small tires/perches removed/etc...and even then I think they're 80-90mm at best.

Either way I'm just glad I can toss my 4x4 status aside.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
I make $35k where I work now which is fine for another few months but I just finished my MBA in May and the only reason I haven't started job hunting yet is mostly me doing them a favor and hoping for a huge Christmas bonus. Then I'm going to politely start the hunt anew. Even in this economy I think an MBA and a good resume should net me at LEAST a $50k job, maybe a tad more.

Not to make you feel bad but I got 50k when I started with my company 5 years ago and I wasn't even done with my bachelor. Granted that's not standard, but I'm pretty sure you should easily get 50k+. Best of luck and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Not to make you feel bad but I got 50k when I started with my company 5 years ago and I wasn't even done with my bachelor. Granted that's not standard, but I'm pretty sure you should easily get 50k+. Best of luck and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Oh I know this job isn't by any means glorious. I just want to have stayed here at least 16-18 months so it doesn't look like I got tired of the job too fast on my resume. My only jobs prior to this one were minimum wage-esque. Thankfully I was a Graduate Assistant at the college the last two semesters so I have a lot of professors that can write a recommendation for me. I just have to get out there and actually look.

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
The only way they're getting 100mm is from a 06'-07' GTI at stock heigh/stock tires and going completely spun down on a 17" rim/small tires/perches removed/etc...and even then I think they're 80-90mm at best.

Either way I'm just glad I can toss my 4x4 status aside.

Ah I see. Ive been thinking about 8380 coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.