GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Good and The Ugly

SicsDeep

Ready to race!
Car(s)
99' 08'
Good:
So I get my fenders rolled and brink my car to the shop to throw on my new wheels.

BAD: :mad:
As Im driving away, ONE WHEEL CAME OFF!!! But thats another story for a different day...

The wheels look good. But car is not in commission right now.. Lets hope it doesn't take long to fix.

Sorry for crappy quick shots.

Pics:

and the Ugly:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
so whats the story behind the wheel falling off

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Wow you made it a whole mile? Crazy. Didn't you have some like crazy vibration in the steering wheel? Craziness. Best of luck fixing the fneder. Once you do it'll look proper.

bmpgti07

Go Kart Champion
same shit was gonna happen to me.. I was driving off after getting my new tires installed from a reputable shop.. and I felt a crazy vibration in the peddles and steering wheel..luckily I pulled over to check it out and thought to myself, hey why dont I see how tight the bolts are.. the front driver side wheel was practically off.. took about 3 turns to tighten each bolt..

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
This is always my fear, its almost like you want to double check the mechanics work sometimes. Especially when there are a bunch of young guys working in a shop that get "distracted"

theghost84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI UG 6MT
same shit was gonna happen to me.. I was driving off after getting my new tires installed from a reputable shop.. and I felt a crazy vibration in the peddles and steering wheel..luckily I pulled over to check it out and thought to myself, hey why dont I see how tight the bolts are.. the front driver side wheel was practically off.. took about 3 turns to tighten each bolt..

not cool where was this???

SicsDeep

Ready to race!
Car(s)
99' 08'
can't say too much, but everybody is ok and we were only going 15-20mph. Was rubbing in the rear pretty bad on milwaukee streets so toned her down a bit.

As far as my car goes ill need a new fender, rotor, brake pad, maybe door panel. Thats all I could tell by looking at it.

Ill get my lowers thrown in for cheap when they are painting :thumbsup:

No vibrations just a loud sound and we were rolling on my rotor. Wheel looks perfectly fine just a few dings surprisingly.