GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official NBA Thread

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Kobe IS a leader, and no longer selfish. I've played basketball nearly all my life, and I were in his shoes, I'd be the same. If Kobe wasn't there, we wouldn't have anything... no chemistry, no leadership, nobody to look up to. GINOBLI??? LOL, he's good... as a 6th man, other than that he's an Oscar Award winning pussy. :tongue: Lebron James lacks leadership, but that will come with experience. Kobe is the best player in the league, he just doesn't have the support from a team like other players you mentioned. You trying playing with a team of inconsistent rookies and shit... it's like me playing with 4 other middle schoolers. You do what you gotta do, and he's done a great job this far... but apparently it's still not enough help, he can't do it on his own.

Kobe is clutch, and his mentality is different- he knows the game.

I appreciate your opinion about Kobe, but I can't get over the fact that he is the reason why LA lost Shaq. I know you might say that he's no longer in his prime, but Miami won the championship. Kobe changed his number supposedly because he's a new man, but I still see the old Kobe in him.

Well, any way, I'm really protesting pro basketball as a whole. For now, I'm a bigger fan of NCAA Football and Basketball. I'd also rather watch UEFA.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I think LeBron's a better player already. But I'm probably just as bias toward him as you are Kobe. :wink: I've "witnessed" him schooling Kobe and the Lakers. Not to mention he's already taken his team a game away from the finals last year and lost a game 7 to Detroit.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
lebron is amazing, they both are especially to come out of highschool and to school people in the NBA. Kobe is now a leader but he wasnt before, he was a ball hog before but still an amazing player. Its not just my opinion because if you watch sportscenter and all that other sports crap they say he has evolved to a whole new stage in his basketball career. Kobe has shown that when he needs to be on his A-game he can be at will. I think Kobe is better than Lebron but thats my opinion and like you said kirk it could be because i am biased

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
A lot of people don't really understand Kobe's position as a player and his responsibilities. They don't give him enough credit. I don't mean to be defensive, but I see where he's coming from and what he's about- I grew up watching him and even idolizing him. I've been there a lot, even when I wasn't playing for a team-team, such as running 4's or 5's on a court. Kobe might've driven Shaq away, but there were a lot more issues involved- including Shaq's ego; It was either his team or he leaves, and he couldn't bare sharing the spotlight so he left.

Again and again, you can't compare Kobe's team with Lebron's team, or D-Wade's team... the supporting cast/experience is just not the same. Experience comes with age obviously... it's really hard/incomparable. Kobe has been clutch since day one, Lebron is still young and chokes... he still has a lot to learn. Kobe plays the point guard/shooting guard position, as opposed to Lebron's forward position.

boaz

Go Kart Champion
i dont think kobe was putting up lebrons current stats at his age. :)

haha sorry for the kobe bash, but lebron doesn't need to lead hes a forward. once lebron starts becoming a clutch player then thatll be awesome.

kobe will grow as a leader more and more. period.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
that game last night was crazy, such a good game im looking forward to the playoffs, this is probably going to be the best playoffs in the past like 3 or 4 years.

P.S. where did all these suns fans come from? i mean besides the AZ guys! did most of the laker "fans" migrate over to the pheonix wagon or what?

boaz

Go Kart Champion
yep im always band wagonning. lolololol

after seeing the suns with nash...it's been quite exciting.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
im a magic fan cause im from orlando always have and always will. but i enjoy watching other teams play, come playoffs and the magic arent in it then i pick one team before the playoffs start to route for just to make it a little more interesting. but im guessing you WERE a lakers fan when they won 3 titles but not so much anymore huh? lol! jk

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Yes R-Mac, unfortunately, most of these pussies here in SoCal (except you Boaz :tongue:) have migrated over to the Clippers and Suns fan-base-bandwagon early in the season or even now. My sig says it all, I've been a Laker fan since 4 and I won't stop no matter what- it's in my blood. I bleed purple and gold. :cool:

I also saw last night's game with my roommates, that shit was intense- it was like a finals game. Dallas should've won that game though, so fucking bullshit- stupid refs fucked up a lot of calls, and even missed some on Dallas' side.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
yeah you could tell with about 4 min left in the 4th that the refs were going to fuck it up and make it what i call "a good TV game" which just means that they make calls that they wouldnt usually call or (vise versa) calls they usually would call they would let it go.... just to keep the game close and more entertaining i believe this more than ever with last nights game beacuse its practically a taste of what the playoffs are going to be. anyone else ever have the same thoughts?

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
the suns should have won - big lead in the 1st half

then

the mavs should have won- big lead in the 2nd half

then

the suns should have won- had a lead late in overtime

then

the mavs should have tied- dirk missed his signiture jump shot

in the end the suns won... NASH is AMAZING!

although I am a dallas fan... i would vote nash mvp.... for a close game i would rather let nash have the ball then dirk

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Nash is insane. He has mastered the point guard position. He makes the most ridiculous passes and knows when to shoot it himself. I think last night was the first time I actually watched an entire Suns game and Nash certainly did not disappoint!

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
32 point and like 11 assists right, hes a baller for sure!