GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What exactly would you sub the sugar with?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
*drool*

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a great meal plan to me! Hitting everything from the looks of it.
I wish I had the resources/time to put a day of meals together like this.

Just try and start you'll realize its not so bad once you get into a groove. I'm the kind of person who usually doesn't decide what they want for dinner until 4pm and I used to go to the store everyday!.

Now I do all my grocery shopping first thing sunday morning. If I remember I plan all my meals saturday night but usually its sunday morning while the dogs are outside playing. I've got the meals for the week synced in a text file across all my computers incase I"m at work and forget what I planned. And I do my grocery list on an app in my phone.

The starbucks inside my grocery store opens at 8 am so I try to be there for right about then, when they see me pull in they are already pouring my coffee :).. Since its early on a sunday most people are in church and its just me and the same 6-10 heathens every week getting our shopping done with some ridiculous efficiency.

When I get home I sort it by meals for the week, cook my GFs chicken breasts that she eats for lunch and boil the weeks eggs. When I was making almond flour muffins on a regular basis I would also do them. By 10-11 am I was done. Now its late enough i don't feel like a dick firing up the lawn mower :)

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
As for the Balsamic....that's iffy. I'll give it a try, but vinegar + sweet to me doesnt seem too good.

Balsamic is actually kind of sweet, if you reduce it down its even sweeter because well basically all you have left from the grapes now is sugar. So yeah it has a bit of sugar and carbs. It goes well with the sweet/sour of most berries.

Balsamic reduction/glaze on some pork chops with broccoli or asparagus is really really good. (and rice if you are doing starches)

You need to use decent balsamic though. Heinz or store brand will be like a redwine vinegar with some sugar and carmel added for color. High end stuff is $$$ but true balsamic. I forget what brand I used but its somewhere in the middle.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
What exactly would you sub the sugar with?

I personally never truly cut anything out of my diet just limit items at times and control calories based on my current activity level. I love food to much to banish any item, basically I work out only to keep eating what I want :)

So in that regard I substitute sugar in most baking with agave syrup don't entirely replace it. You try one of those 0 calorie natural sweeteners like stevia or whatever they are. I have done a mix of agave and truvia in muffins, just doing straight truvia can be a little bitter to some. (there are people that question stevia in processed forms like truvia so do your own research)

It can take a little bit of experimentation to figure out the ratios for various things, it being a liquid can sometimes mean you need to bake things longer. Other times you can take out some of the oil like in the recipe linked and balance that with the agave. Or use almond butter in place of the oil so you get the benefits of the oil holding things together but in a more solid form.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
MMMMMmmmmmmMMMM... BANANANANANANA BREADZ.

trying to plan my workout for today - as usual, only have about 35 mins.

Thinking I will do the following:

6mins rowing, on 10/highest level of resistance, about 80% full pace.

Run 1.5miles continuous

Intervals for the remaining time to 3miles total

cool down, stretch, crunches

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Just try and start you'll realize its not so bad once you get into a groove. I'm the kind of person who usually doesn't decide what they want for dinner until 4pm and I used to go to the store everyday!.

Now I do all my grocery shopping first thing sunday morning. If I remember I plan all my meals saturday night but usually its sunday morning while the dogs are outside playing. I've got the meals for the week synced in a text file across all my computers incase I"m at work and forget what I planned. And I do my grocery list on an app in my phone.

The starbucks inside my grocery store opens at 8 am so I try to be there for right about then, when they see me pull in they are already pouring my coffee :).. Since its early on a sunday most people are in church and its just me and the same 6-10 heathens every week getting our shopping done with some ridiculous efficiency.

When I get home I sort it by meals for the week, cook my GFs chicken breasts that she eats for lunch and boil the weeks eggs. When I was making almond flour muffins on a regular basis I would also do them. By 10-11 am I was done. Now its late enough i don't feel like a dick firing up the lawn mower :)

That sounds like a nice routine, definitely one that I'll have to get into once I get my own place (still living at home until I pay off my student loans since I live 10 mins from work).

balius

Go Kart Champion
Diet looks good Grambles! I've recently started forcing myself to eat cottage cheese before bed instead of taking a casein shake. It's not as bad as I remembered it being. Here's my current diet:

Breakfast:
2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
1 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup of mixed berries and 1 cup of milk

Meal 2:
1/2 cup brown rice
2oz chicken breast
Nature valley crunchy granola bar

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice
4oz chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 4 (pre gym):
Peanut butter sandwich
Banana

Meal 5 (post gym):
1/2 scoop Pro Complex Gainer
1 can of tuna and lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla

Dinner:
1 cup cottage cheese

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Diet looks good Grambles! I've recently started forcing myself to eat cottage cheese before bed instead of taking a casein shake. It's not as bad as I remembered it being. Here's my current diet:

Breakfast:

Meal 2:
1/2 cup brown rice
2oz chicken breast

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice
4oz chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 4 (pre gym):
Peanut butter sandwich
Banana

Meal 5 (post gym):

Dinner:
1 cup cottage cheese

Approximately what times do you eat these meals? (So I can gauge how it might fit into my schedule).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
every 2-3hrs?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

Breakfast:

Meal 2:
1/2 cup brown rice
2oz chicken breast

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice
4oz chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 4 (pre gym):
Peanut butter sandwich
Banana

Meal 5 (post gym):

Dinner:
1 cup cottage cheese

If you don't like the cottage cheese, grab some nonfat Greek yogurt...it's practically the same thing. IMO its way better than cottage cheese though.

balius

Go Kart Champion
Approximately what times do you eat these meals? (So I can gauge how it might fit into my schedule).

Breakfast is usually around 630-645, meal 2 10:00, lunch 1:00, meal 4 4:00, post workout usually end up being around 6:30, and dinner at 8:30.

balius

Go Kart Champion
If you don't like the cottage cheese, grab some nonfat Greek yogurt...it's practically the same thing. IMO its way better than cottage cheese though.

Don't mind it as much now as when I first tried it. As my weight moves up and I need more calories I'll probably add some Greek yogurt to my breakfast or second meal. Love that stuff.