GOLFMKV

Threw two codes: P0507 and P0171.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, long time no see.

Vehicle

2007 GTI 2.0T FSI with 35,000 miles

Symptoms:

-loud whining or hissing noise that goes away above 1500rpm.
-CEL which threw 2 codes: P0507 (Vac leak) and P0171 (Low fuel Pressure)

Diagnosis:

After some searching on here, I believe the problem to be the PCV, which I have yet to replace. I've never had a problem with it, but perhaps today is my lucky day. I'm away from home so my sister relayed all of this information to me, therefore I've made this diagnosis based solely on codes and internet searches. I am overdue for a cam follower check, but I don't think that could be the issue...or maybe I just hope it's not the issue.

Regardless, let me know any thoughts/experience you may have to share before I head in for warranty work!

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
At this point I am merely providing information to this thread so that people who search may find it helpful.

I found this video online and my sister said it is identical to the sound that our car is making. If your car is making this noise, there's a good chance it is the PCV!

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
This is also a recall from VWOA so just take it in to a dealer and they will replace it with the new revision on VW's dime :)

I gotta take mine in for the recall, been too lazy lol

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Man on 35k. That musta been someone's Sunday church car. I have just shy of 50k on my 07 and I thought I was low.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Man on 35k. That musta been someone's Sunday church car. I have just shy of 50k on my 07 and I thought I was low.

haha shared amongst three kids who are away at college most of the year. We purchased it CPO with 4k miles on the clock; been babying it ever since. Still has new car smell!

And thanks everyone for your input. I'm aware of the extended warranty coverage on the PCV so it will be brought to vw for warranty work. :thumbsup: