GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Unless you were black in the wrong half of the country.
I'm not arguing with everything. It's gotten to the point where I can't say anything without an argument. I didn't bring up race or make it relevant to my response that growing up in the 1950's was idyllic happy times for me. Now I get a response that it was because I am the right color. The whole forum is a troll and nothing can be said without being accused of trolling. Everything anyone says has to be explained in depth and it takes too much time to do so. I'll just go back to only trying to have funny responses.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If true thats the ninth Colonel Putin's lost..

Putin loses NINTH colonel with decorated officer among '19000' now killed in Ukraine as left corpses rot on battlefield (thesun.co.uk)

& he's having a shake up of his military leadership...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...50f1edaea8d714b7409fd5&pinned_post_type=share

Quote:-
A Western official has confirmed Russia has reorganised the command of its operations in Ukraine, with the new general having had extensive experience in battle operations in Syria.

Speaking to the BBC's Gordon Corera on condition of anonymity, the source said the commander of Russia’s southern military district, Gen Alexander Dvornikov, now leads the invasion.

“That particular commander has a lot of experience of operations of Russian operations in Syria. So we would expect the overall command and control to improve,” the source said.

The new instatement was done in an attempt to improve coordination between various units, as Russian groups had previously been organised and commanded separately, the official said.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I'm not arguing with everything. It's gotten to the point where I can't say anything without an argument. I didn't bring up race or make it relevant to my response that growing up in the 1950's was idyllic happy times for me. Now I get a response that it was because I am the right color. The whole forum is a troll and nothing can be said without being accused of trolling. Everything anyone says has to be explained in depth and it takes too much time to do so. I'll just go back to only trying to have funny responses.
I think you knee-jerked a little hard on this one, Jim. I don't get the sense that dtfd was pissing on your statement or trying to argue, just adding another perspective. What you said is true for you, and what he said was true for a lot of others. Nobody's wrong. :)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
If true thats the ninth Colonel Putin's lost..

Putin loses NINTH colonel with decorated officer among '19000' now killed in Ukraine as left corpses rot on battlefield (thesun.co.uk)

& he's having a shake up of his military leadership...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61032786?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6250f1edaea8d714b7409fd5&Russia has replaced war commander, says Western official&2022-04-09T02:49:37.695Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:f31b003a-19c7-4767-8309-812d7624b9db&pinned_post_asset_id=6250f1edaea8d714b7409fd5&pinned_post_type=share

Quote:-
A Western official has confirmed Russia has reorganised the command of its operations in Ukraine, with the new general having had extensive experience in battle operations in Syria.

Speaking to the BBC's Gordon Corera on condition of anonymity, the source said the commander of Russia’s southern military district, Gen Alexander Dvornikov, now leads the invasion.

“That particular commander has a lot of experience of operations of Russian operations in Syria. So we would expect the overall command and control to improve,” the source said.

The new instatement was done in an attempt to improve coordination between various units, as Russian groups had previously been organised and commanded separately, the official said.

Hopefully he’ll be cocky and not realize he’s now fighting a highly motivated near-peer defending its homeland and sovereignty. I fought in the Middle East, and while some can fight, we never saw grandmothers throwing rocks at our troops. Then again, we didn’t level entire cities and target civilians in order to break a nation’s resolve. Their combined arms tactics and very contested airspace is not what they’ve seen in the last 50 years, and are not prepared for this fight. “It ain't the same fucking ball park. It ain't the same league. It ain't even the same fucking sport.”

Russia is going to bury a fuck ton more of their boys before they take what’s left of their toys and go home. Russia will never be the same after this one.

Last edited:

cb1111

Hopefully he’ll be cocky and not realize he’s now fighting a highly motivated near-peer defending its homeland and sovereignty. I fought in the Middle East, and while some can fight, we never saw grandmothers throwing rocks at our troops. Then again, we didn’t level entire cities and target civilians in order to break a nation’s resolve. Their combined arms tactics and very contested airspace is not what they’ve seen in the last 50 years, and are not prepared for this fight. “It ain't the same fucking ball park. It ain't the same league. It ain't even the same fucking sport.”

Russia is going to let Ukraine bury a fuck ton more of their boys before they take what’s left of their toys and go home. Russia will never be the same after this one.
Fixed that for you. The Russians are just leaving their war dead (and probably some just severely wounded) where they fell.

That's very telling. Most civilized armies will risk their lives to retrieve casualties.

cb1111

Ursula von der Leyen on Twitter: "Your fight is our fight. Europe is on your side. This is the message I brought to President @ZelenskyyUa and the Ukrainian people yesterday in Kyiv. https://t.co/UvWtm26Iww" / Twitter

Austria is risking their neutrality to support Ukraine. The Austrian chancellor went to Kyiv today to show support and - since they can't provide military aid - provided ambulances and firefighting equipment. They are also joining with the sanctions, so they are interpreting "neutrality" very narrowly - as in "we'll do everything but send you Glocks and SteyrPuch military vehicles directly - if they get to you some other way then that isn't our fault. Anybody but Ukraine or Russia want to buy some weapons? We'll be happy to drop ship them to Poland.

1649520577218.png

The chancellor with his "elite security team" and with Zelenskyy below

1649520667548.png

Boris Johnson just visited too

1649522253567.png

Last edited:

cb1111

That's a big step
Yes it is, but it just validates that the whole first world is united with Ukraine - although we should be doing much more.

Austria has stated that they understand that Russia may no longer consider them neutral, but what are they going to do, invade Austria?

I may have said this before, but in the 70's I was at university in Vienna and one of my instructors was the Austrian Defense minister. We did all sorts of things like determine the accuracy of US vs Soviet weapons (the Soviets would come close to Vienna, the US would hit the university) and, he, in all seriousness, said that Austria would prevail in an air war with the Soviets because the Soviet planes were so fast, and Austria so small, that they would fly over Austria before they could drop their bombs

TricycleOfDeath

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7
The Western Europeans (ie - now the EU) have been living far too long on the hard earned WWII and Cold War peace dividend. Trump was a total moron and a criminal, but he wasn't completely wrong that NATO countries were investing far too little in defense spending. Now, I suppose Trump did this in order to cause division in NATO and not to actually HELP NATO, but none the less, he wasn't wrong.

Sweden and Finland need to join NATO... and I think, esp Finland, knows this. Not that you could EVER trust Russia, but you esp can't Trust Russia under Putin - esp at this point in history. I'm not sure how many people even realize the Russians annexed part of Finland. Also, the Germans (who only donated non-lethal supplies such as friggin helmets at the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine) need to remember that their country once had a brick wall through the Eastern half of it and was inhabited by Russians.

All of that said, the Ukranian leadership has been rather dumb leading up to this war. Think about it, you have a hostile country like Russia on your border that's already invaded Crimea, multiple statements from Putin suggesting that he wants to rebuild the USSR, and Putin's buddying up with Xi (who is one of the world's other biggest pieces of human garbage). Ukrainian leadership should have better prepared for this, including mandatory universal military conscription and (even though I'm not a huge 2A whacko), Ukraine should have pushed to get guns in the hands of their population (a la Switzerland) to be in a better position if Russia did invade. Instead, Zelensky, who I really like, spent weeks berating Biden and the US intelligence community for warning that Russia was planning to invade - imminently (after the Xi's olympics had ended). They should have been better prepared... but that's water under the blown-up bridge, now.

Oh, and the people posting in that Scamdemic thread, are a bunch of Putin-loving traitors.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think you knee-jerked a little hard on this one, Jim. I don't get the sense that dtfd was pissing on your statement or trying to argue, just adding another perspective. What you said is true for you, and what he said was true for a lot of others. Nobody's wrong. :)
I suppose I'm over sensitive. It sure seems like you have to explain everything.